How to Customize the Right-Click Menu on Mac?

Closed
MWacin Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 11, 2023 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2023 - Apr 18, 2023 at 02:46 AM
Jiyahana Posts 9 Registration date Friday December 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2024 - Jan 22, 2024 at 12:28 AM

As a new Windows switcher, I'm looking for a tool to enhance my Mac's right-click menu and make it more powerful and customizable. I get used to having a lot of control over my right-click menu such as quickly creating new documents (Word, PPT, Text, Excel, etc. ) through my right-click menu on Windows. Just switched from Windows to macOS, and I am restricted from doing so. I'm hoping to find a similar level of customization on my Mac.

I've been reading about iBoysoft MagicMenu, a menu bar application that claims to create different types of files without opening applications, quickly access an item that is frequently used without opening Finder or Launchpad, and more through a right-click. Has anyone used iBoysoft MagicMenu? I'm interested in hearing about your experiences and whether it's worth trying out.

Specifically, I'm looking for a tool that can help me easily access common tasks like new file creation, app uninstallation, file compression, and more to customize my right-click menu on macOS.

Any insights or experiences with iBoysoft MagicMenu would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Related:

2 responses

PennBrittney Posts 3 Registration date Thursday March 30, 2023 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2023
Apr 18, 2023 at 06:49 AM

The right-click menu on a Mac, also known as the context menu, provides quick access to a variety of options for files, folders, and other items on your Mac. While the default options are useful, you can customize the right-click menu to add or remove options that better suit your needs. Here's how you can customize the right-click menu on your Mac:

1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac.

2. Click on "Keyboard" and then select the "Shortcuts" tab.

3. In the left-hand menu, select "Services".

4. Scroll down to "Files and Folders" and click on it to expand the section.

5. Here, you'll see a list of options that you can add to or remove from the right-click menu. To add an option, check the box next to it. To remove an option, uncheck the box next to it.

6. You can also rearrange the order of the options by dragging them up or down in the list.

7. Once you've made your changes, close the System Preferences app. The next time you right-click on a file or folder, you'll see your customized menu.

Keep in mind that some apps may have their own custom right-click menu options that cannot be modified through this method. Additionally, some options may not be available depending on the type of item you're right-clicking on.

MWacin Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 11, 2023 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2023
Apr 19, 2023 at 01:33 AM

Following your instructions, I did customize my right-click menu on macOS. What should I do if I want to add a new shortcut that allows me to create a new Office document with a single right-click to my context menu? 

I used to do so on my Windows PC:

Jiyahana Posts 9 Registration date Friday December 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2024 1
Updated on Jan 22, 2024 at 12:29 AM

Access system preferences, go to Keyboard, shortcuts and app shortcuts after that add a new shortcut for your desired app otherwise follow the https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh35853/mac#:~:text=On%20your%20Mac%2C%20a%20right,clicking%20on%20a%20Windows%20computer..