Cut & Paste Coloured Rows to another workshee

Closed
scoobii - Jul 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 - Jul 4, 2009 at 06:42 AM
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with just over 5000 rows with each row being 1 of 5 colours. I need to cut and paste all rows of a specific colour (colour 16 I believe) to another worksheet. There are no empty spaces in any fields and the row starts at column A and ends at column J.

If possible, do you know how to use a macro to delete all the empty rows afterwards?

My VBA knowledge is at a real beginner level and Ive tried amending various results I've googled to no avail. Any help you can give will much appreciated.

Regards,

scoobii

3 responses

Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Jul 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM
HI scoobii

If you are using Excel 2007 you can use autofilter Then you are able to display cells using specific colours
The press CTRL + G >> Special>> Visible Cells only
Then copy and paste to other sheets

I dont know whether this feature is available in Excel 2003
Just check
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I'm working on Excel 2003 unfortunately and I'm trying to actually filter out the coloured rows, not keep them. As the data in the same coloured rows are different, its difficult to apply a data filter to them hence why I'm trying to filter by colour. I'm working on it today but any help you could give will be very appreciated!

Regards,

scoobii
Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Jul 4, 2009 at 06:42 AM
Hi Scoobii

Get the macro listed here
https://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ReturnCellColor.htm
and get the cell color in a column and then autofilter or sort to get your data