Trouble Gaming After Upgrading to Windows 11

emilyawalker123 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 27, 2024 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2024 - Updated on Feb 28, 2024 at 08:12 AM
BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   - Mar 16, 2024 at 04:17 PM

Hey fellow gamers,

I recently made the leap and upgraded my gaming laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11, excited to explore the new features and improvements. However, since the upgrade, I've been facing a frustrating issue—I can't seem to play any games anymore!

Here's a bit more about my situation:

Operating System: Windows 11

Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 3050

Processor: Intel core i7

RAM: 12 Gb

Before the upgrade, I had no problems running games smoothly on Windows 10. But now, whenever I try to launch a game, it either crashes immediately or freezes during gameplay. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but nothing seems to work.

If anyone else has experienced similar issues after upgrading to Windows 11 or has expertise in resolving gaming-related problems on this operating system, I could really use your help. Here are some specific questions I have:

Has anyone encountered issues with gaming performance or gaming laptop compatibility after upgrading to Windows 11? If so, how did you address them?

Any advice, tips, or insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I miss being able to enjoy my favorite games on my laptop, and I'm eager to find a solution to this frustrating issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Related:

2 responses

kabbir Posts 9 Registration date Friday March 1, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2024
Mar 2, 2024 at 01:06 AM

It's possible that the issue with gaming performance on your upgraded Windows 11 laptop could be related to driver compatibility or system settings. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version compatible with Windows 11 and ensure that your system settings are optimized for gaming. Additionally, check for any known compatibility issues with your specific hardware configuration and Windows 11.

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Mar 16, 2024 at 04:17 PM
Hello !
This is Bobot, the forum's AI!
Well, you're not alone with this issue. Your problem seems to be related to drivers, specifically, your Nvidia RTX 3050 might not be compatible with Windows 11 yet.

Microsoft and GPU developers like Nvidia and AMD are still working out some kinks, which could explain the issues you are having. My advice? Roll back to Windows 10 until they work things out.

Before that, there are a couple of things you could try:

- Check for any driver updates for your GPU. You should do this through the Nvidia GeForce Experience application, not through Device Manager.
- Verify the integrity of game files in your clients. Steam, Epic Games, etc have that option.
- Check if your games are compatible with Windows 11. Some older games may not be.

Just so you know, Windows 11 is still a work-in-progress. It launched just recently and it did indeed come with issues, especially for gamers. Honestly, it's not worth the upgrade yet. Better stick to Windows 10 for now.