I can not find msg but people are msg'g me

Closed
ma-belle - Jul 2, 2009 at 10:50 PM
 ma-belle - Jul 3, 2009 at 01:04 PM
Hello,
ok, in jan I installed live msg'r then uninstalled it. Last year I was being hit by scams left and right.
It has jsut happened again and I am going nuts. They are msg'g me on msg'r and I have uninstalled it.
It is not in remove programs not on system what do I do? I have yahoo msg and can not fin d that on my opc either. Please advise. I have that wonderful vista op system.
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 3, 2009 at 09:32 AM
Hi,

It may be a virus , for the mean time i would suggest you to connect on online messenger.

Go to e-messenger.net and log in.

Also ,make sure that you have not block your contacts , i would suggest you to have complete check up of your system update your antivirus remove completely your yahoo messenger application delete all cookies scan you computer then install a fresh version of messenger.
I have Vista op sys, when I go to programs there is no MSG live or Yahoo MSG but when I go to my yahoo account I ahve a chat feature on the mail page that has my friends name on it. I haev never used it. This is a "new" pc 5 months in service.

How I figured this out was I was IRC, talked to someoen for a while. Have not usedit in 2 months. This person wanted to continue on "Live" when I clicked ok, I noticed it was the same name as someone who was from Nigeria posing as someome else from a paid website. I traced the web site adn foudn out the reistered user was Nigeria, same IP etc.. This person was suppsoed to be from Greece.

The link you sent me to has been changed to another name. Any advise?