LOCKED IN A LOOP

Closed
RON - Jul 7, 2009 at 02:40 PM
 Ron - Jul 8, 2009 at 02:57 PM
Hello,

I have a pc that using msconfig the settings were change to boot in safe mode. We do not remember the admin password to get it logged in in safe mode. F8 does not allow me to boot normally. So i decided to install xp again without a reformat so at least my data would still be present. Anyways now my pc goes to boot to restart the installation process and it can't because it cannot do this in safe mode. Does anyone have any clue on how I can get around this? I have a new pc -I am just trying to back up some files and my outlook pst file to my new pc.
Help ----Ron
Related:

1 response

If you can, Get "ERD Commander", it will boot from a CD into a Windows like interface. With this you can access your files but most importantly "IT CAN RESET" your password! It resets it to a blank(No) password so you can choose a new one after you boot back into windows!
I located a place to download ERD Commander. There are no installation instructions. I did dowload it to my desktop by there was no program installed that I can locate. Could you provide me with the some notes on how to install or refer me to a site that has instructions? Your suggestion to use this program seems right on and am eager to try it out. Thanks