Cannot Get Wireless Internet Working

Closed
random23 - Jul 9, 2009 at 03:33 PM
bryan007w Posts 12 Registration date Monday June 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2009 - Jul 13, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Hello,

I have wireless internet through out my house and wired internet. My laptop cannot get on the internet, even though it says 'connected to my network' and 'signal strength excellent'
it appears to be connected, but when ever i open internet explorer it says cannot find server. I have windows Xp and the internal diagnostic and detectionfor internet has been usless. this is not a simple problem of turning my router on and off to reset it.
the laptop has gotten on to this same network before.
Related:

1 response

bryan007w Posts 12 Registration date Monday June 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2009 2
Jul 13, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Try setting the browser to detect the settings automatic. Sometimes this option gets unchecked.

IE>Tools?Internet Options>Connections> LAN settings> Automaticly detect settings (make sure this is the only option checked if your not using any proxyies)

Set your IP and DNS to detect settings automatic as well, unless advised by service provider to do otherwise ( if you cant remmeber your IP's, best practise is to write it down somewhere)

Let us know if this works and we will try to take it from there.....