GATEWAY NOTEBOOK! HELP PLZ!! THIS IS URGENT!!

Closed
xXtechhluverr Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2009 - Jul 17, 2009 at 03:47 PM
 Mikemx7 - Jul 17, 2009 at 06:40 PM
Hello,

Ok. So, I have a Gateway NV5215u notebook (it runs on windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit). I got it 5 days ago, so it is in awesome condition on the outside. I'm not sure about the inside though because when I turn on my computer, it goes to the black and white screen asking if I want to Launch Startup Repair, or Start Windows Normally. When I choose to launch the startup repair, the screen changes and says windows is loading files. Then the normal loading screen starts up, and then the Microsoft logo comes up, and then it just shuts off. I should probably mention that a 3 days ago I tried to back up the music files that I had transferred from my old computer to my new computer, with the program that popped up everytime asking me to back up my files. There was also a CD already inside my computer. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with the computer, and if possible how to fix it on my own? This computer was a birthday gift and I really want to get it fixed... THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

1 response

try startup Windows Normally,if that dosenot work try last know good config that worked.if that dosenot work.last 2 opt. 1 do a restore.. 2 do a sys recover,with this one you will lose all files and will haveto reinstall all prog and config all settings,will take a few howers and some time the next day to to reconfig all,to include secerty.