Computer won't boot up

Closed
Nellie - Jul 19, 2009 at 09:58 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 20, 2009 at 02:09 PM
Hello,
For about a month, our Compaq Presario SSRS410F has periodically given us a message about a bad disk sector, but when I run the diagnostics, it says all is fine. Then it started periodically not booting up, but if we tried again, it would go ahead a boot. Yesterday, it booted up, but for some reason I can no longer remember, it said I had to restart my computer. I have not been able to get it to boot since then. It keeps giving me a message that says "Boot Disk Failure" When I repower it, I hear a whirring sound and it gives the compaq screen and then a blank screen and then I get the above message. I wondered if it might be a bad power supply not giving enough juice, so I looked on here and saw that first I shoudl try cleaning it and reseating the memory cards. I did that and got continuous beeping. Reading more on here, I determined that meant I needed to use the compressed air (I hadn't had that when I "cleaned" it, so I bought some and tried again. Now, I am back to where I started. Do you think I should try replacing the power supply?

For the configuration below, it defaulted to this machine. The machine with the problem is a Windows Vista Home with Internet Explorer 8.0 (I think that is the right version)
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 20, 2009 at 04:54 AM
Hi Dear,

I think that it is a software problem ,perhaps your hardisk has some segmentations that has been damage.

Or it may also be a virus that is affecting your system files.

I would recomend you to have a complete scan of your computer and install a fresh copy of windows.

Also try to format your hardisk and perform regular maintenance on your computer.. Defragmentation / system scan ect...
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 20, 2009 at 02:09 PM
You will need to replace the hard drive. I suggest you take the PC to a repair shop and have them try to copy the data from the broken drive to the new drivge.

Good Luck