Can't connect to Internet after comp crashed

Closed
kay - Jul 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 20, 2009 at 08:36 AM
Hello,
I had a sudden computer crash and I've managed to get it back up and running. Just before and definitely after it would not connect to the internet. I've tried resetting the router/modem, changing the ethernet cable and nothing. I have two computers hooked up to this wired modem and the other one works (at least I'm able to write this email, lol). When looking into "my computer" under problems it seems that a whole bunch of programs have failed including adobe and so on. When I do a diagnose it tells me I have no connectivity and cannot resolve it unless I go online, which I can't :) Obviously I have an internet connection, modem and router are not the issue and I have restored my settings to the earliest time that it will let me which is July 11th. The problems state that they started occuring June 28th with some of the program failures and I cannot reset that far back - not sure what to do as I run a business and all of my work is done on my comp :) If anyone has suggestions it would be great cause I'm at a loss and clock is ticking to attend to my business - THANKS :::))))
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 20, 2009 at 08:36 AM
Hello,

You said you were connecting using the cables,

I will advise you to re-install your LAN driver again!

This is may be the problem

Thanks