HDD can not boot

Closed
Jigsman - Jul 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM
 voodoomarie - Jul 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Hello,
I have a HDD that is running Win XP Pro. When the PC was powered on, it only does a POST test which is alright, then it gives another screen which asks me to select which options to boot from, like Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and so forth.
Yeah I tried evrything there but nothing seems to help. Actually when I selected Last known good configuration, the screen went black, it did not boot up. I connected the HDD to another PC as slave and ran a chkdsk and it was OK. No problem. Then I decided to repair the OS so I inserted the XP CD into the CDROM drive and boot from the CD. When I reached the Recovery Console prompt, I entered 1 to select the drive, where I decided to fix my MBR. When it was done and I reboot the PC, I still ended up with the same problem. POST was OK, but it was only during bootup that this happens. Is there any other things I did not do or have missed out? Please help me.

Jigsman
Related:

1 response

I had basically the same problem and it turned out it was the harddrive itself that is gone bad. I am attempting to find a program to pull off as much info as I can then format and hopefully use it again