Bootcamp won't recognise my windows xp cd

Closed
alc - Jul 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM
 AtotheJ - Nov 20, 2009 at 07:15 AM
Hello,
Like many people i downloaded a copy of windows xp 32 bit and burned it on a disk when i started up bootcamp and then put the disk in and clicked start installation bootcamp says: "The installer disc could not be found."
any help would be greatly appreciated
Related:

4 responses

I have the same problem but I am using a retail purchased Win XP sp2 disk and still no recognition by bootcamp. What can I do?
afsgun Posts 275 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 38
Jul 23, 2009 at 04:00 AM
hi,

make sure that you made the CD as bootable.

try it and then install again.

this should fix the problem.
hey afsgan thanks so much for helping me, ur a legend if i could just ask one question: how do u make it a bootable ?
HI
I've got an even bigger problem now, when i put in the windows cd and then supposedly install it it says it will restart my mac an when it does it goes back to the start of the instalation and has not installed windows could someone please help me ?
i have problems with it too. I have installed the xp, but when I use the xp, i cant use the airport wireless and the graphic was pathetic. they didnt recognize the gforce and wireless airport mac.
the disk needs to be the version of XP with service pack 2 pre installed - if it is pre SP2 it wont work.

Re the crappy graphics and G force problems, did you insert the OSX disk on the first time of booting in windows? The disk contains the drivers to all the Mac components - instead of having to manually go and locate the drivers on line.

Just a thought!