Laptop Speaker Problem.

Closed
Falluga Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2009 - Jul 25, 2009 at 01:06 AM
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 - Jul 25, 2009 at 08:24 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop's speakers. I am using a Dell Inspiron | 6000 with Windows XP.

The problem is:

I have a surround sound home theatre system with an Audio MALE jack, which plugs into my computer and I can hear the sound over my surround sound. THAT WORKS FINE!!! However, as soon as I UNPLUG the male jack from the computer, the laptop has NO PLAYBACK.

So basically looking at a stock computer, the sound doesn't work, but I can hear it fine through EXTERNAL speakers.

Help!!!
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Jul 25, 2009 at 08:24 AM
hi there,

follow these steps to set up your sound,

Go to Control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume.

Check that Device Volume is at least halfway across the slider and that Mute is unchecked.

Go to Advanced and make sure that nothing is mute.

Go to Speaker Volume and set the sliders at least halfway across the slider.

Go to Advanced,

and in Speakers setup choose Laptop Stereo Speakers (if that's what you have). Go to Performance and choose Restore Defaults.

Click Apply > OK.

Thanks