VISTA update crashed my computer

Closed
drewski1962 - Jul 29, 2009 at 09:52 PM
 Matt - Sep 6, 2009 at 05:24 AM
Hello,

This morning, on starting up my HP laptop, it automatically started an automatic Windows VISTA update. It restarted the computer, but now the computer won't do ANYTHING. Nothing on the screen, and the hard drive doesn't seem to be working. I touched a few keys, and it resumed to normal, but the Internet access didn't work. So, my son rebooted. Back again to having nothing. The blue lights shows the machine is receiving electricity, but that is it. I can't reboot in safe mode or anything else. Is there anyway out of this mess?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 30, 2009 at 05:30 AM
Dear Sir,

I am sorry if this happened,

i will advise you to use the recovery cd to recover windows to factory settings,

Try this, if this doesn't work, i will recommend you format and install a fresh windows

Good luck
Thanks for the advice. I put in my recovery disk, but the computer won't boot at all, so it just sits there. I'm think it's a hardware problem and will be calling HP. Being a complete idiot, I haven't made back ups in a year, so I'm afraid I'm going to lose a lot if I send it to them for a fix -- trying to figure out how to copy data from a disk that won't even act alive!
Crossed Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday July 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2009 7
Jul 30, 2009 at 01:27 PM
I'M having the same issue.
also after an update my pc crashes same stuff as you say after all I could start on in safe-mode (I couldn't first to!).
How did you get it to start in safe mode? Nothing, and I mean, nothing, seems to happen when I press the on button except to get the blue lights acrosss the keyboard. The hard drive isn't even responding.
Crossed Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday July 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2009 7
Jul 31, 2009 at 02:39 AM
I press enter allot but I don't know that helps anything,but my problem is I can't get on normal mode after those updates and I can't seem to delete those.Quite weird because I know quite allot of pc but I'm going to make a backup and restore to system defaults that's the only option for me at the moment :(
Same Thank you, who will be re-embursing me for my lost album and novel? really who cause this was my lifes work, now i just want to die..