How to fix windows xp

Closed
sagar - Aug 1, 2009 at 07:15 AM
strnnger Posts 257 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 - Aug 1, 2009 at 08:14 AM
Hello,
I am Sagar. I am having Acer Laptop Aspire 4720Z and have installed windows XP but there are few files which are corrupted in windows XP and because of that reason i am not able to surf my net properly. My net surfing is very slow i can download things but cannot surf as its taking long time to open a single page. what should i do to fix my window XP corrupted file..
Related:

1 response

strnnger Posts 257 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 32
Aug 1, 2009 at 08:14 AM
hi there,

make a system repair on the machine follow these steps:

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft

Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. do not choose "To repair a Windows

XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I

repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is

not one of the options, END setup.

Thanks