- How to prevent files from opening automatically in excel 2016 mac
- Excel for mac opens multiple files - Best answers
- Excel opens multiple files when starting mac - Best answers
- How to get data from one excel file to another automatically - How-To - Excel
- How to stop batch file from closing automatically - How-To - Operating Systems
- How do i get chrome to just open a file and not automatically save it - How-To - Google Chrome
- Exe file not running in windows server 2016 - How-To - Windows
- How to delete files in usb that cannot be deleted mac - Forum - MacOS
Here's an even simpler way to do it. I went into Documents and created a Folder (named "excel empty") and then went into Excel>Preferences>General and set the Open All Files In ... to this new empty folder. Seems to do the trick, as Excel now just opens to an empty worksheet. Can't image why Microsoft didn't just make this the default in the first place.
The same thing happens to my mac! Everytime I open excel, it tries to open every file in my documents folder! Even files of different incompatible types. I can't get into "preferences for Excel" because of all the error messages. I've looked for Macros on the desktop and it does not find any.