Hardware or Software problem?

Closed
SICdrunk Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2009 - Aug 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM
SICdrunk Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2009 - Aug 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Hello,

Few days ago I hooked my PC to my Dolby Surround System through an AUX cabel. It worked on the two front speakers as I intended. A day after that I put it back on the desk where it's place is and hooked it up to my Hi-Fi system, again through the AUX. I've been using the Hi-Fi as speakers for the PC(w/ AUX) for 2 years now and I don't have any problem.

But here it is... Two days ago something happened and I can hear beraly anything. I thought at first that my sound card's drivers(it's a Realtek ALC888 7.1, which came with my ASRock 775i945GZ motherboard). I reinstalled the drivers but the problem persisted. I thought it was a Windows problem(and it was time to do it), I reinstalled my Windows XP SP 2, reinstalled all the drivers again but the problem still persists.

All of my sound settings are maxed, the device is recognized in the Device Menager and it is said to work properly. I've put the AUX jack in the green(front) panel as it has always been but nothing.

Please, help me with this! :)
Related:

4 responses

ServiceTech Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 2
Aug 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
that seems to be a hardware problem, i am not to sure what maybe causing that thou, have you tried playing with the cable to make sure the cable is good?
SICdrunk Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2009
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM
The cable is all fine and dandy. The speakers work fine(played some CDs the last couple of days).

Sunday I tried the diffrent ports of the sound card and it worked properly but now - nothing... I was thinking of buying a new cable to see what will happen.
ServiceTech Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 2
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM
ok, what you can do now is plug in a headphone in the output port of the sound card and see how loud it goes up, if u have another computer in the house you can do the came thing with the other computer and compare the volume level of the headphones on both computers, then you would know if the cord or the card is the problem.
SICdrunk Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2009
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Already did that two days ago.

Plugged two types of headphones - low sound. I plugged the AUX cable in my Acer Aspire and everything worked fine.