Error on Internet Explorer

Closed
tavi - Aug 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 23, 2009 at 02:29 PM
Hello,

Every time when I start my computer, and start Internet Explorer, if I write in the address bar the letter "m" it minimizes the window. Also if I type "e" it exits the window.
In order to use the Internet Explorer I have to open Task Manager and close wuauclt.exe and wmiprvse.exe processes and start a new session of IE. Sometimes I even have to close them twice as they reappear.
I tried a dozen of Antiviruses, Spyware, etc. and none detected any problem. I even formated and re-installed the OS (XP SP2). Shortly after connecting to internet the problem reappeard.
I have a laptop (Toshiba) with Windows XP SP3 (updated from SP2) and recently moved to a new internet provider which uses Motorola SB5101E Surfboard Cable Modems. I didn't had any problems before switching to the new provider.
How can I fix this?
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 23, 2009 at 02:29 PM
ok, i would get a more reputable internet security software ie kaspersky or nod32. (these both have antivirus incorporated but give a far better protection from internet stuff) both can be downloaded for a 30 day trial, if you like then you just buy a licence from the relevant site after 30 days.

try downloading opera from https://www.opera.com/

it's an alternative to internet explorer, I have been using it for years and have had no issues with it, unlike explorer.

I would then, I know you are not going to like this ......
Do a clean install of your laptop
before you even think of connecting to the internet, install your internet security software.
then install Opera.
once all that is done you can then proceed to connect to the internet.
I would try to avoid using internet explore as that is the most popular browser that very one tries to attack.