Memory upgrade

Closed
Stan - 25 Aug 2009 à 08:42
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday 24 August 2009 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2009 - 25 Aug 2009 à 08:46
Hello,

I bought a 2GB stick for my Toshiba Satellite A135, to upgrade from the 512 and 1GB that I currently have, and when I replaced it my computer wan't start, I can only get a black screen??? Any ideas whats going on?

1 response

peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday 24 August 2009 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2009 4
25 Aug 2009 à 08:46
Sometimes it works if you plug in your RAM into another RAM slot!
It did work for me once.
Also, give your old RAM to some poor soul, because your new RAM is surely faster then old one, but will not work fast together with old one.
This means that you cannot have installed 2 ram sticks that can run on 2 different speeds (for example, if your old ram runs on 666MHz, and your new ram runs on 800MHz, they will both work on 666MHz)