Background message "Warning! Spyware detected

Solved/Closed
Griff - Jul 14, 2008 at 04:50 PM
 Pota - Feb 27, 2017 at 08:17 PM
I let my roomie use my comp while I was away for a few weeks. I returned to find "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer" as my background message. I tried to place a new background on but this message still appears in the middle. I just bought Norton 360 but it doesn't seem to be detecting it. Also if I leave my computer idle for too long a blue screen pops up with a bunch of computer nomenclature and eg. bogus_driver or something of the sort being the problem. If I hit any button on the keypad it will close that screen and it will no longer pop up until the computer is idle again.
Related:

84 responses

Thank you very much
hi, I had this same virus, but it seems like I got rid of it as far as I can tell, no reg entries that look like it, or executables, but for some reason my internet is bugging out. though it is msn dial up, so that could be the problem itself =(. any ideas on how I could get my net back up?? right now im just gonna wait an hour then try to dial up again, might just be phone line.
This is the Vundo virus and trying to remove it with antivirus software after it has infected your pc will not work. All the solutions I have heard on this site will only remove some of the virus. It will evenually take over windows logon and prevent you from making any changes to your pc as the administrator. There are various name for the virus. It will be hard for an ordinary pc user to remove this virus completely and letting it stay on your computer could be dangerous. In the end I reformatted my hard drive and reloaded Windows XP. :-(
what would you suggest I do?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i had the same virus I did the process an it worked thanks much every one my tabs are back an every thing !!!!!!!!
I got this virus, I have no idea how, and I tried many virus removal programs, and I also ran through the *.bmp walkthrough but nothing worked till I ran Malwarebyte's Anti-malware program in safe mode.

that did the trick

good luck to you all!

https://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
DON'T BUY ANYTHING that WARNING sign in the middle of your screen presents, it's a case of spyware (Trojan). Download SUPERAntiSpyware for free and scan your computer...keep it installed and do occasional scans and it will protect your computer from these frustrating Trojans!

Same thing happened to my computer so I took it to the Informational Technology computer experts at my school and they showed me this process...it totally worked and now my computer is healthy!

As far as anti-virus software, avast! is really good, plus it's free :)

Hope this helps!
Just download and install superantispyware and malwarebytes install in regular mode then go to safe mode with no networking then scan... if you cannot go on the internet get a flash drive and put it on their ... I got this on my computer and got it removed a hour later :P
I got a similar problem to everybody else's.
I got the same warning message on my desktop, but suddenly the computer started shutting down, and went off.
The system crashed.
I have Avast ativirus Pro, I dont know if that affected in any way.
Now when I try to start the computer I doesn't load Windows. The windows logo appears in the screen and then goes blank, the only activity I get on the screen is the mouse icon.

I only have to opptions from the booting menu, via CD / DVD or By Disk Boot (this one does the things descrived above) and I dont have a Boot CD.

Please help me! What can I do?

Regards!.
kps7777 Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2008
Oct 21, 2008 at 08:06 AM
Hello All:
I got the same virus last night. I was smart enough to not click on any of the pop-up windows, but since my "task manager" was 'greyed out / blocked' I couldn't get to far in troubleshooting this virus myself. Tried several things unsuccessfully and then found this website. I am at work now and not on my infected home computer, but it sounds like Ebomb has found a way to eliminate the pop-ups, the blue screen desktop, and the screen saver problems; however, I am very concerned with several reports that the internet browser does not work. This indicates a much more serious problem and hopefully someone can report how to correct this issue. Before I shut down my PC last night, I tried to research this virus on my browser and sure enough everything I searched on directed me to some bogus site. This sounds like a deeper rooted problem then just deleting a group of files. Since it sounds like the first part of this problem is already resolved, I would really appreciate comments from the people who now have messed up web browsers. Perhaps some of the people who even think they have solved their problems because they no longer have a blue screen desktop have not determined that they have a more serious problem.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I FEAR THE WORK FOR MY HOME PC ! ! !
Hello Again,

I'm happy to report that I downloaded the Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware software reported by another post and it completely removed this trojan virus, restored my desktop to normal, reactivated my task manager, corrected my web browser issues, and eliminated all adware pop-ups. This was all with their free software. I was so relieved to get my computer back to normal that I bought their continuing protection for $25 so now their software is always running in the background and it automatically updates its virus definitions at 10pm each evening. Here is the link I used (and as reported earlier by others).

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_­4-10804572.html
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

And Quick Scan And Remove Viruses

P.S (Completely Free!)
i have the same problem
exactly the smame happened to me. It tok over the whole computer and we had to wipe it clean, which almost didn't work. I almost lost my computer so I reccommend to anyone else, close off internet connections and bring in an expert if you are stil having trouble. I might have been lucky but you might not be :(
taby2cat@yahoo.com
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:57 AM
hey I had the same problem befor but I got it off by going to youtube and searching betaFlux and he has a video called manually delete that subborn virus it works trust me :) and if it doesnt e mail me and ill give you more info on how to get it off. PS goodLuck:)
Ok to fix this problem,go to https://www.superantispyware.com/ and download this program to remove the virus. don't use malare bytes because the screen wall paper problem will still stay. I used SuperAnti to remove the same problem off my computer.
Okay I found the easiest way to remove this once and for all!
1.goto start run...
2.type in regedit
3.go into these files:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
4.delete entries 'NoDispBackgroundPage' and/or 'NoDispScrSavPage'

Now right click on your desktop, go to properties and everythings back, you can now change your background
I am aslo having the SAME PROBLEM!! I log onto my destop and a BLUE and yellow Background says WARNING SPYWARE deteced!! and then 2 minutes later an Internet Explorer page opnes up and covers my Whole screen!! and I get go any where from there!!......but when I open my desktop I quickly opne my TASK manger and End the PROCESS to get rid of the PAGE then once that is closed down...MY BackGROUND BECOME black and Says

SORRY, your license has Expired
You need to increase your licenseto continue work
Click the buttonw below to fix Problem

then underneath there a buttonw that says FIX PROBLEM but if I click it it TAKES ME TO A INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE THAT WANTS ME TO BUY I BELIEVE THE NORTON ANT-VIRUS!!! AND I CANT GET OUT OF THAT PAGE!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIX MY PROBLEM ITS MAKING MY COMPUTER RUN REALLY SLOW!!
Blocked Profile
Dec 14, 2008 at 10:58 PM
dudes that is a common problem, it is due to the spyware infection, I recommend each of you (who has this message) to install a spyware killer program like Threat Fire or Super anti spyware, I am really sorry but most of the answers above are not helpful, anyhow instead of doing so long manual removal and going to task manager and deleteing files etce tc, is uggest you people to install an antis pyware software that will detect and remove spywares found in ur pc.Good Luck, you may google for free spyware removal program
https://www.google.com/search?q=spyware+removal+adware+killer&client=pub-8124638089754170&forid=1&channel=8107557384&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3BVLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1&hl=en
My Advice is to buy Webroot software from Bestbuy or costco $39.00 or so and install it on your PC, it will detect and clean this problem right away. Good Luck.