My keys on my laptop do not work. HELp!!!!

Closed
Kacy - Aug 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Hi,
some of my keys on my laptop do not work these are
p and the line and the close braket also used as a 0.
this is really annoying because everything i write has to include one of these so i have to copy and paste so annoying.
my laptop is a " fijitsu siemens amilo 2515"
plleeeeeeeeeeaze i need help!!!!!
if anyone has any FREE websites with info or if they know any settings on the laptop wich can fix this i would be sooooooooooooooooooo great full.
thank you
xxx
plus i need the answer fast as i have an important asighnment in a month which is very important and i need a fully working laptop.
as i cannot afford the fee's
thanks again
xxx
bye
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 25, 2009 at 12:28 PM
I would test with a external USB keyboard - if you still have this problem then I would suspect a virus attack.
If the USB keyboard fixes your problems - it is caused by a defective internal keyboard.

Good Luck
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM
As a work-around * You can also use the On Screen Keyboard - where you click on the key you want to type.

the get the On Screen Keyboard do the following:

open run
1st go to Start
then click on run
the run window will open there you type osk
then press enter

after doing it u will see the layout of your keyboard
U can then open you word processing program and the keyboard will stay displayed over you document.