Keyboard keys mixed up [Solved/Closed]

hari93 - Oct 22, 2009 at 09:35 AM - Latest reply:  Jim
- Mar 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM
Hello,
i got a new HP laptop. the problem is that when I press shift+2 i.e. the @ symbol...i get the " symbol. similarly when I press the shift +3 I get the £ symbol instead of the # symbol which comes only if I press something else.
please help me ASAP.

thanks& regards
See more 

18 replies

Best answer
Thank you
In the Region & Language settings, Keyboards and Languages tab change to US. In Administrative tab, change the Language for non-Unicode programs to US. This worked for me.

Thank you, WS 71

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1787 users this month

bro thanks, only your answer helped me, i've been searching this for months now
thank you so much
This was very helpful, thank you very much
Thank you
It's control and shift at the same time. (not control and enter) Try that it should work.
Thank you
Hit Fn + Num Lock .
Thank you
Just hit "ctrl" + "Enter" at the same time. You probably accidentally hit that combo to switch it into the alternate layout in the first place - doing it again will get it back to the regular layout.

Cheers.
its ctrl and shift !
,j.ve'l9[t]p0=6# - Dec 22, 2010 at 02:54 PM
when I press b nc comes up nc its annoying
Thank you
I tried all this solutions. My keyboard and language settings are on US english. Unicode is US english. I still have my shift + 'key' symbols mixed up in same way the poster has it. 'ctrl' + Enter did nothing.
Thank you
HEY! I JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT SOLVED IT.
I changed the language/keyboard setting to "English (United States)" however I now have to press the " twice and backspace. did that make sense? I hope it did :P
moumins 67 Posts Tuesday December 30, 2008Registration date October 29, 2010 Last seen - Oct 29, 2010 at 04:00 PM
Thank you
Please carry out a scan to confirm whether the problem is not coming from any virus infection.
dancedhall 3066 Posts Wednesday May 13, 2009Registration date March 12, 2010 Last seen - Oct 22, 2009 at 09:55 AM
Thank you
hi there,

follow link below and the instructions:

http://ccm.net/faq/1197-keyboard-re-assign-of-a-key

Thanks