Keyboard keys mixed up [Solved/Closed]

hari93 - Oct 22, 2009 at 09:35 AM - Latest reply:  Jim
- Mar 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM
Hello,
i got a new HP laptop. the problem is that when I press shift+2 i.e. the @ symbol...i get the " symbol. similarly when I press the shift +3 I get the £ symbol instead of the # symbol which comes only if I press something else.
please help me ASAP.

thanks& regards
See more 

18 replies

+68
Helpful
In the Region & Language settings, Keyboards and Languages tab change to US. In Administrative tab, change the Language for non-Unicode programs to US. This worked for me.
bro thanks, only your answer helped me, i've been searching this for months now
This was very helpful, thank you very much
+53
Helpful
It's control and shift at the same time. (not control and enter) Try that it should work.
+34
Helpful
Hit Fn + Num Lock .
+20
Helpful
Just hit "ctrl" + "Enter" at the same time. You probably accidentally hit that combo to switch it into the alternate layout in the first place - doing it again will get it back to the regular layout.

Cheers.
its ctrl and shift !
,j.ve'l9[t]p0=6# - Dec 22, 2010 at 02:54 PM
when I press b nc comes up nc its annoying
+9
Helpful
I tried all this solutions. My keyboard and language settings are on US english. Unicode is US english. I still have my shift + 'key' symbols mixed up in same way the poster has it. 'ctrl' + Enter did nothing.
+8
Helpful
HEY! I JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT SOLVED IT.
I changed the language/keyboard setting to "English (United States)" however I now have to press the " twice and backspace. did that make sense? I hope it did :P
moumins 67 Posts Tuesday December 30, 2008Registration date October 29, 2010 Last seen - Oct 29, 2010 at 04:00 PM
+3
Helpful
Please carry out a scan to confirm whether the problem is not coming from any virus infection.
dancedhall 3067 Posts Wednesday May 13, 2009Registration date March 12, 2010 Last seen - Oct 22, 2009 at 09:55 AM
Helpful
hi there,

follow link below and the instructions:

http://ccm.net/faq/1197-keyboard-re-assign-of-a-key

Thanks