No input in the monitor after a CPU upgrade

Closed
chad - Sep 1, 2009 at 01:38 PM
 Dutchmaster - Sep 3, 2009 at 07:10 PM
Hello,
I tried to upgrade my CPU and now i don't have any input on my monitor, when i put the old CPU back i still don't have any input. I have an external graphics card and a Intel® Desktop Board D845BG. The keyboard lights up power comes on just no input to the monitor and no beep. Do i need to re-install the BIOS becuase that desn't come up either?
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 1, 2009 at 01:45 PM
First of all before attempting anything stupid, did you check the cables ??
Yeah I checked the cables
Blocked Profile
Sep 1, 2009 at 01:51 PM
Hello,

Did you try to clear the cmos first? what was the default cpu and the upgraded one?
Dutchamster Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2009
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM
The default CPU was a pentium 4 1.6 ghz and the new one is a 2.0 ghz, which is supported by the motherboard according to the manual, and yes i tried the cmos, however I think i'm going to try to re-install the bios but the motherboard never came with its own graphics card had to intall one from the beginning
Blocked Profile
Sep 2, 2009 at 02:15 PM
hello

Well before changing i suggest you read the doc on the manufacturers web site first, check your bios version, and compare it to the latest one and see why is was upgraded, the answer to your problems might be there

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Yeah I checked the manual. I'm gonna try to re-install the BIOS because something should come up and I don't get not anything even a beep.