Not able to go to os level

Closed
skot - Sep 3, 2009 at 09:59 AM
 skot - Sep 4, 2009 at 01:14 AM
Hello,

I am using sony VAIO NS1OJ/S laptop which bought in UK.I have 2 different problems.could you please help me out this.on my laptop vertical line is coming due to LCD problem .am going the give to customer support in uk threw my uncle.
and another problem is recently occurred, now my laptop got infected by virus.I didn't take the backup using Recovery software.don't have driver software.I am thinking will format and install with Windows XP. but while giving to customer support will take it up or blame anything upon me?how they are following rules in UK?
or where can i get software to recover this and set back to original.
Could you please please help and suggest me what actions needs to be taken?It's very very important to me and I have very less time.
Related:

2 responses

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Hello Skot

Is the laptop still on warranty?
Normally manufacturer dont consider software issues, so you can change the os on the pc, but its at your only responsibility, similarly if you corrupt you system and request a software installation from your customer service, they can still charge you for that. But i think you can ask for a spare driver cd or recovery cd given you have proof of purchase.
Thanks Sadgurl.Thanks for your quick response.yes,still it's in warranty period.I will try for spare cd.