Unable to turn on system restore on my dell l

Closed
GC - Sep 3, 2009 at 03:35 PM
 Peter Andrew - Aug 1, 2010 at 05:24 PM
Hello,

My laptop got a virus and now I cannot get my system restore back on, I can't access the internet. HELP??? Please.

5 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 3, 2009 at 03:37 PM
have you cleaned your computer of the virus?
My avg8.5 says its all ok but I cannot get on the internet I cannot access any files, there is a screen on my opening page that says my computer is infected with a virus?? I am not a computer expert. I tried help it said to go to control panel and sytem maintenance and click the restore. But I could not find that?? Help???
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Clearly this statement says it all, your system has been compromised, AVG could not have fixed the issue as you say there is a screen on your opening page that tells you your computer is infected.

"My avg8.5 says its all ok but I cannot get on the internet I cannot access any files, there is a screen on my opening page that says my computer is infected with a virus??"...

what I would do is shut your system down,
boot up into safe mode and run your AVG again.
My computer is busy, system restore disabled, explorer does¨t work weel and
i can't restore the computer system , bacause something is wrong with
system restore under XP windows. Access task manager is impossible. It is out of air.
Apr 3, 2010 at 06:29 AM
Icm,
what is your computer.
It very much sounds like your computer is a poorly teddy.

In this situation, I would be tempted to do a full clean reinstallation of the system and get some reputable anti virus/internet security software.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I had the same problem, which I fixed this way. Restart your computer and tap F8 as soon as it starts until you get a screen that allows you to select safe mode. In safe mode, choose a user. When it asks you if you want to continue in safe mode or use system restore, select "no," which will take you to system restore. Then all you have to do is to select a previous restore point.