No wireless only stupid orange light! [Solved/Closed]

- Sep 3, 2009 at 05:15 PM - Latest reply:  aamir
- Feb 18, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Hello,
I have a Compaq Presario F500 running Vista, that up until this morning has been able to connect to the wireless internet fine, but now no bones. I have no wireless network available according to my computer even though i'm in the same room as the router and my family is able to connect just not me:( I have tried trouble shooting, which told me I needed to update my system I did and still the same problem I thought wireless switch is turned off nope I have flipped that puppy at least 10X's and the light stays orange and it doesn't tell me WLAN on or off. I tried calling Hp but they're wanting to charge me and I'm broke :( I was gonna try a system restore but I don't have any restore points. What can I do?!?
HELP! ME!
See more 

24 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I had the same problem...The wireless switch previously worked just fine. When windows is booting up, press the wireless switch (orange light). You will see it turn blue and then the wireless will act normally. Note, you must press the orange button right when Windows is booting.

Otherwise, when Windows is fully up and running, the orange button will not go blue no matter how often you press it.

Hope this works for you!

Thank you, Catroline 89

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1699 users this month

Thanks now I don't have to hook the computer up the the internet cord thing!!! I had to press in different times wile computer was starting to press it at the exactly right time, THANKS!!!
absolutely brill thanks it worked
That was brilliant, thank you
seriously relieved - Feb 6, 2014 at 02:08 AM
Freaking absolutely BRILLIANT. After spending freaking hours messing with my router it was this stupid button on my lap top. Thank you!
thanks alot ruhi......
Thank you
i have a hp pavilion dv6000 only the orange light shows up(wireless).... please me fix this.. thanks a lot...
Thank you
I have the same problem, and I've heard that this is a problem for many hp presario owners. I had my friend check it and found out that the wireless card was damaged. The solutions are to replace the card or buy a wireless adapter. I got the adapter, which is alot cheaper than the card. It costs around 30 dollars. If you can afford the wireless card, then it's better to get it.
Registration date
Saturday May 23, 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
October 20, 2010
- Sep 4, 2009 at 02:02 PM
Thank you
have you checked the ip address of your wireless connection.
sometimes, if it can't connect at some point it will default a different ip address.
compare this with the other computers on your network.
no but about 3hrs after I posted this I figured out what was wrong, for some reason my laptop goes on safe mode and it doesn't connect to wireless while on safe mode... now I just need to figure out why it keeps going to safe mode instead of just turning on like normal??? AUGH!
How do I fnd if my laptop is on safe mode,my wireless white light is on but the wireless is not working on my Presario cq57 laptop
Thank you
My f500 has had the amber w/lan light for the last 18 months and suddenly this morning a broadcom w/lan driver was automatically downloaded from goodness knows where....now the blue light functions and I have wireless capability.
Thank you
I have the same problem, and I've heard that this is a problem for many hp presario owners. I had my friend check it and found out that the wireless card was damaged. The solutions are to replace the card or buy a wireless adapter. I got the adapter, which is alot cheaper than the card. It costs around 30 dollars. If you can afford the wireless card, then it's better to get it.