Cannot Log into Secure Sites

Closed
x - Sep 8, 2009 at 08:29 PM
 Joe - Nov 29, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Hello,
I've just recently started using my old DELL computer and it has XP installed on it. I tried to log on to facebook and iexplorer kept saying the page was unable to open or it didn't exist. So I tried to log in to gmail and the same thing. Whenever I try to go to a secure site iexplorer runs as is there was no internet connection and my connectin is completely fine. I have all the SSL boxes checked off in the advanced tab under internet options. Any ideas what might be the case?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 8, 2009 at 09:05 PM
The computer is not connecting to the internet. I would return all settings to the defaults and then go to Control Panel and Network Connections. right click the network connection that is active and select Repair.
Hopefully XP will rebuilt and fix your connection.

Good Luck
The problem is with secure sites, not all sites. I don't know about old Dell computers but I recently had that problem when I upgraded my Mac to OS X 10.6.6. Turns out that you cannot access secure sites if you are a user in the managed mode but you are able to do so if you are the administrator.

If this doesn't help you perhaps at least it will help others that are experiencing my problem.