Mouse will not activate links

Closed
BillyGoat - Sep 17, 2009 at 08:23 AM
 Doug - Aug 18, 2010 at 07:38 AM
Hello,

My mouse has suddenly seemed to stop activating links in any web page. I have a wireless Logitech mouse, HP Pavilion laptop with Windows XP O/S. The problem precisely is this. I oepn a web page, let's say Hotmail. I click on an email to open ie when hovering over the link the pointer changes from a pointer to a hand, left click and the email opens. However, when I've finished with that email, close it and try to open another one, the pointer stays as a pointer and does not change into a hand and therefore I can't open anything. The only way I can get it to become active again is to click on another open window, then return to the original window and the pointer starts working again. It's really annoying.
Related:

2 responses

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
nomadcrys Posts 195 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 48
Sep 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM
The page you were seeing was not fully loaded, that's why you get these kind of problem, let the page load completely first.
No, it's the same with new window tabs, the Firefox menu, anything you might want to just click on to make something happen. Like now, I'm typing this response to you, if I put the cursor over one of my other open tabs I just get a pointer and no hand. If I go and just click in and out of another window I have open, then the cursor gets reactivated somehow.