-
Registration date
Thursday September 10, 2009
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2009
-
Hello,
My nephew is having problems with his Fijitsu Siemens lap top. When you press the on button a message comes up with start normally - etc. We choose the start normally option but then the screen goes to "configuring updates: stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Do not turn off your computer" It hangs there for ages, nothing happens and the "0% complete" dosent change either. He is runing windows vista. Can anyone help please? Would be really greatful. Thanks.

5 replies

Registration date
Friday May 15, 2009
Status
Last seen
October 7, 2010
hi there,

you can stop that and restart your pc normally

then disable installation of these updates

Thanks
Sorry to sound dim but how do i stop it? It will not let me do anything on the screen.
Thanks.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2009
well format it
Sorry - format what? I am not technical - just trying to help out my nephew. Can we bring the help down a few levels? Thanks.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2009
get a windows vista CD and install it again insert the cd, off the pc and on it again and the computer will boot fro the CD u can find more about formatting by searching in the googles
Thank you. Can i use any windows vista cd and will the nephew loose any of his files if i do this?
Thanks for the help - most appreciated.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2009
all of the files will be lost all the programs have to be install again
OK. Will probably have to do that then as the lap top is no good at the moment. Really appreciate the help.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2009
you welcome all the best