Memory Card Won´t Read

Solved/Closed
sunbeam - Oct 1, 2009 at 04:18 PM
 Kelly - Jul 15, 2013 at 03:25 PM
Hello,

I am having major problems with a SDHC 4GB memory card.
I have a Panasonic FS4. I am away on holiday and wanted to upload my photos for safekeeping. I uploaded some to Facebook Ok to begin with. However, all of a sudden when plugging in my camera to the computer no photos are showing up even though there is over 500 on my camera. I have tried to use a card reader but it shows no photos. I have tried downloading the photos to a memory stick and a dvd. These don´t work either.
I have taken it into a camera shop. They at first said it was bad memory but I took a photo and the photo was there in the memory. The camera reads the photos fine. They are all there on the camera but nothing else seems to read it. The camera shop were puzzled and didn´t have a clue.
Can you help me please as I don´t want to lose all my holiday photos.
Warm regards
Garfield
Related:

4 responses

tk1070 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2009
Oct 22, 2009 at 02:02 PM
Okay... I went looking online because I had the same problem. I couldn't find anything that was solving my problem. Then I stumbled onto a solution on my own. We have Adobe and I noticed that when I right clicked the drive that came up as my SD card, it gave me some options. That option was "Combine supported files in Acrobat..." So I chose this and a box called "Combine Files" appeared and in the box, low and behold, there were all of my pictures, all 403 of them. I then clicked on "Add Folders" in the upper left drop down, created a folder, and changed it back to "Add Files." Then I clicked on "Combine Files" and the program sent all of the photos into a single pdf file. I then went into the pdf file's File Menu>Export>Image>JPEG>Save As. It then shot all 403 pics out as jpegs. It worked!

Obviousely, this will not work if you don't have Adobe, but I bet you know somebody that does. This will work and it will save your important pics. I hope this helped!
A Fellow Questioner =)
Dec 3, 2010 at 01:21 PM
Hello!

For those out there who are having the problem of the memory card/camera icon not even showing up (like mine), try using your USB cable to connect your camera into your computer. I have been looking for a way to access my pictures on some of my memory cards for some time, but couldn't find any answers. I had been using a memory card reader, but it doesn't work on some of my larger GB memory cards. I finally found, though, that the USB cable DOES work. Praise the Lord! I was thinking that a lot of my pictures were long gone! =)

Hope this helps somebody out there!

By God's Grace,
~A Beginner in Photography =)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Dec 3, 2010 at 04:47 PM
Thank you for your precious tip.
A Fellow Questioner =)
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM
So glad it worked for someone else! Enjoy, and hope you have a wonderful week everyone! =)
I second Adobe product. With Adobe Bridge (it showed up when inserting card) I got all my files. Amazing!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 9, 2011 at 05:08 PM
Dear bbb, thank you for your feedback, few people do and your is very much appreciated
hello tk1070, I tried your advise, it seems to want to work but I have to format card first, and I am afraid that if I format card I will lose all photos. Can you please help me?
Feb 24, 2011 at 06:35 AM
@Mel

If you can't transfer your pictures, sorry to say but they will be lost.
hi the same problem prevals when I insert my memory card in laptop, it showing one file name autorun.inf , there are no folders avaliable in my memeory card but my memory card contains about 800 photos . I use Window 7 OS my memory card name SDHC card SanDisk 4GB
Please somebody help me.
fathimas49 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 24, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 at 03:38 AM
Try This:

Check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your Memory Card now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your Memory Card and also from

the drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your Memory Card as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your Memory Card letter.

Now check for your files in Memory Card.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.

Visit https://www.hottdeal.com/ to get Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 or Sony Xperia SL, for Absolutely FREE!
yes sir it worked for me too thnx alot <3
i am having simular issues with a 4gb card used in samsung impression and transfered to lg evem pc no longer recognizes the drive, unable to reformat due to not seen in windows 7 or phone
Dec 29, 2010 at 04:54 AM
Hello Steve-n

I'm a volunteer here trying to help people. It would have been nice of you if you could have added "please", I hate slave work...

Anyhow, try this hotfix:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/934428
THANK YOU!!!
If the Icon appears on your desktop have you tried image recovery software.
Unfortunately I am mac so use Mac recall but Lexar for instance have Image rescue.
As a professional photographer I have had the images on the camera but an empty card when I put it in. I then run the recover and they all come back.
Having said that if you get the images back ditch the card after.
One failing of a card is enough to warn you.
Jayne
I just got a SDHC Lexar memory card for my phone. I plugged it in to my computer, using the memory stick and it does not show up. I have a mac and don't know what to do about it. I came across your comment, and by what do you mean by Mac recall, and the Lexar has image rescue? you know any possible way to get my photos onto my computer? As well when the memory card is in my phone it works perfectly.