DESKTOP BACKROUND ONLY SHOWS-plz loook!!!

Closed
hi - Oct 3, 2009 at 06:04 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Oct 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM
hi, when i start windows xp home edition, it works just fine....but... when i log on to any account it takes a long time and it just loads the desktop backround. No icons, no start up menu. I tried ctrl+alt+del and it worked but i didnt know what to do. so I thought the problem was solved and shut it down. then when I turned it on again ctrl+alt+del didnt work! I also tried safe mode and suddenly a black screen appeared and said "safe mode" then i logged in and then the only thing that appeared after that was the same thing... a black screen with the only words...'safe mode'. I tried alt+s to get start up on, nothing happened. then i tried alt+r to run programs, but nothing happened. I also tried ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager but nothing happened. I also tried rebooting. same thing. I think it crashed. anyone know how to solve the problem?

PLZ I NEED ANSWER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM
hi there,

repair your system

instruction are given on link below for repairing windows:

https://ccm.net/faq/3052-windows-xp-support-backup-recovery-repair

also check your memory stick

Thanks