Netbook virus no rom to install windows help!

Closed
seymour - Oct 5, 2009 at 05:22 PM
 dadstechsupport - Jan 26, 2010 at 08:29 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me, ive recently been given a little netbook its very very slow and has problems finding and connecting to a wireless network at present i still havnt managed to get it online. Ive tried doing a restore but it wont let me continue past entering the date i wish, maybe this is the virus. I was thinking the best thing to do is to reinstall windows which is XP the only problem is it doesnt have a CD rom, just USB's and there is no software with it.

Could anyone please be kind enough to help i would really appreciate it.

Tom
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 5, 2009 at 06:25 PM
A little more info is needed - like the make and model of the netbook.
Hi there thanks for replying i believe it to be a Acer Aspire One AOA150. If you could give me any leads id appreciate it very much.

Tom
dadstechsupport > seymour
Jan 26, 2010 at 08:29 PM
I am having the same issue with a brand new HP Mini. It allows me to log onto Windows (Windows 7 Starter Ed.), but once it says welcome, it just freezes on a blank black screen... Any help on how to interrupt normal start-up and fix the problem would be appreciated. I am assuming it's some kind of spyware but can't figure out how to fix the problem.