Error while loading OS on new hard drive

Closed
dave - Oct 11, 2009 at 03:41 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Oct 12, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Hello,
I bought a new Seagate hard drive for my Acer Aspire 5610z notebook. I made driver and application back up disk, factory default disks, and system configuration backup disks. I removed the old hard drive and installed the new one. I turned on the computer and when it booted it gave a message that the operating system couldn't be detected. I installed the factorydefault disk, hit enter and it began to load. The first disk loaded, and it said to install the next disk. I did then it said that there was an error detected. I couldn't go any futher so I exited out of it. I tried to start the process again, but this time the only thing on the screen was a cursor. I couldn't enter anything. I installed the disk again and hit enter. It wouldn't do anything. It wouldn't read the disk drive or nothing. What can I do?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 12, 2009 at 10:07 AM
hi there,

go to bios and load default setting

then restart recovery process

Thanks