Motorola razor Vxx freezes up

Closed
wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 - Oct 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM
johannabien Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009 - Nov 6, 2009 at 05:35 AM
Hello,
I have a motorola Razor Vxx and every time I go to the menu and do anything pics contacts tools anything the phone freezes up then I have to shut off pull battery put back together to get it to work at all any suggestions?

3 responses

pjtips Posts 4 Registration date Monday October 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009
Oct 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM
make sure your handset has atleast 10mb free. its all to common that most are not aware the handset needs free memory/cache to operate functions on the handset.

a good rule of thumb is for every 10mb leave 1mb free. also check the size of your photos and apps. in some cases some will say that they only have 2 pictures on there handset but in reality the size of those two pictures especialy if there high resolution will consume the majority of spare memory.

if you dont already have a memory card or the handset supports mem/flash cards then install one and move as much data as you can to the card.

Also check if your handset is 3g supported, if this is the case take into mind that some handsets seem to have an issue with 3g. if you use high speed internet or video calling then your option maybe to leave things as they are but for those who iether want to test the handset or just switch off 3g reception to avoid freezups and signal probs change the network mode.

usualy in the settings of the handset under the network or phone settings you will find and option called "GSM/3G", "Network Mode" or "Type". if you have this option change the mode to "GSM Only", "GSM 1800/1900 (UK & Europe)" or "1900" for any other. where you are in doubt call your network operator for a walk through or help or alternatively consult the manufacturer handbook or website for help. if calling your operator be sure to call from another device or line as you will need your handset free to complete the task.

Another common fault is to make sure the battery contacts are clean and undamaged, also you could try a second battery if you know of or can get use of a spare to test the handset with.

The last thing you can also try is to make sure the sim is securely inplace and free from any static, grease or grime. use a pencil eraser to remove any dirt and static from the gold contact/chip on the card. some people are told to wipe it on clothing but in alot of cases this will only ensure more static charge to the chip.
wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 10
Oct 13, 2009 at 01:05 PM
The phone is actually a cingular Motorola Razor V3xx there is no options for GMS/3G to change it just freezes screen goes white then it comes back on, battery life bar doesn't show up most of the time or it will show it is still charging after you unplug it from the charger I wiped the phone cleat master reset and master clear and cleaned all contact still the same problem, the sim card works fine in my motorola V3re.
pjtips Posts 4 Registration date Monday October 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009
Nov 6, 2009 at 05:04 AM
It sounds to me if all else has been done then there is a software or mechanical issue with the handset.

If you have had the handset under twelve months then you will have to go back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.

In a lot of cases if this is a software issue then look on the manufacturer website to see if there is any firmware/software updates to fix known issues. Another option to consider is if you got the handset from a provider like orange, t-mobile etc then the chances are you have a handset that is using branded software influenced by the provider.

in recent times its been shown that generic handsets seem to suffer less problems than the branded ones. it might be an idea to flash the handset with generic software! The problem with this option is any warrenty with the provider would then be void so your dilemma will be one in which its: shall i or should i the choice is yours.

Personaly i find that providers branding handsets should be wholey responsible for the manipulation of the handsets functions and therefore doesnt that come under a manufacturer warrenty of some kind as they are taking a direct influence in this area of production. I have debranded a handset only once and the difference in its operation was vastly improved.

If you do debrand and flash a generic software make sure you know what you are doing and get good advice on the handset before going ahead. The consequences of any flashing of the handset going wrong or using a non manufacture approved software would be no warrenty and no phone.

Good Luck
johannabien Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009
Nov 6, 2009 at 05:35 AM
Maybe you should update your software!