Horizontal and vertical lines display on pc and freeze it

Closed
ash456 Posts 20 Registration date Monday August 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2015 - Jun 27, 2015 at 04:27 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jul 2, 2015 at 02:36 PM
Hello,
Since last week when I on my PC horizontal and vertical lines occur and it won't run. After restarting several times it works but if I open browser/PDF the above problem occurs and PC freezes. Is it a problem in my motherboard? By using a separate VGA can I solve the problem ?

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jun 27, 2015 at 06:49 PM
Hi Ash,

My first reaction to this would be to check if the graphixs driver has been upgraded or updated (perhaps during a Microsoft update). Try rollong it back to an earlier version.

In Control Pannel (view by small icons) click on Device Manager
Double click on the "Display adapters" heading to be able to view the devices unde it.
Right click on your graphics card and choose "Properties"
Click on the "Driver" tab
Click on the [Roll back driver] button.
I cant remember if this will require a restart of your computer, but it may. Restart if prompted.
Test if this has worked for you. If it has, then it might be worth hiding the Microsoft update that caused this problem so it does not recur.

Other solutions may be to replace the screen after first checking the canle to the screen has not become dislodged.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

thnak you very much for ur advise . I Roll back driver den it will uninstall my grapic driver..
but it will still give lines . is anything wrong with my motherbrd??
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jul 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM
At this stage its hard to say. Can you attach an external monitor? If it works this will prove that everything is working and it is most likely the screen itself is faulty.
Ash > BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021
Jul 2, 2015 at 02:08 PM
i try with my TV ,give same display to me ..what if I use separate VGA ??
Jul 2, 2015 at 02:36 PM
oops - sorry - I thought this was a laptop. I just reread your original post.

Yes - if you have a VGA port it would be nice to try it, but if this is on 2 different screens then I think the graphics card might be faulty. If it is only the TV that you have tried this on the try with another monitor or TV.

If you are using the same port in the back when you get this problem try changing the cable. (it might just be that it has worked loose - reseating the cable could solve the issue.)