MEMORY MAYHEM!!! HELP!

Closed
Computerphobe Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2009 - Oct 13, 2009 at 07:58 PM
Computerphobe Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2009 - Oct 14, 2009 at 07:30 PM
Hello,

I own a Dell Inspiron Studio 1525. I recently installed The Sims 3 on my computer. Afterwards, I was told to restart my computer, so I did, but when it got the the loading screen it just kept going and eventually froze.

I switched it off and on again, hoping to go into safe mode, but the only options available were 'Startup repair' or 'Start Windows Normally', accompanied by a message saying "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." I went into Startup repair, but it froze too. I have tried both 'Startup repair' and 'Start Windows Normally' countless times, with no luck.

Now, when I go into Startup - System info, I find that the memory installed is 2048 MB and the memory available is 2038 MB. It says that "Due to an amount of Memery being assigned for system use, Memory Available is less the Memory Installed. None of these feilds are changable."

When I go into Diagnostics, and do a Boot Repair, it gets stuck on Memory. I cannot seem to find a way to fix this. I cannot get into Safe Mode, or anything aside from Setup or Boot Menu.

PLEASE HELP ME!
Related:

1 response

Computerphobe Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2009
Oct 14, 2009 at 07:30 PM
I REALLY NEED HELP!