Network Controller driver [Solved/Closed]

shahnan 2 Posts Friday April 25, 2008Registration date April 26, 2008 Last seen - Apr 26, 2008 at 02:33 AM - Latest reply:  Peer Mohamed
- Aug 19, 2010 at 05:07 AM
Dear all

Due to a virus problem, I have had to install windows (xp) on my laptop but in device manager under other devices the following item has yellow question marks:-

network controller

As network controller driver is missing I can't connect to the internet to download drivers directly from internet, though I do have access to the internet via another pc.

Can somebody please help me get my laptop back on the internet?

My computer details generated by EVEREST Home Edition is as follows :

--------[ Summary ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack : Service Pack 2
DirectX : 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type :Mobile Intel Pentium 4M, 2200 MHz (22 x 100)
Motherboard Name :TOSHIBA DynaBook Satellite 1860
Motherboard Chipset :Intel Brookdale i845MP
System Memory :640 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type :Toshiba (01/30/03)
Communication Port :Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port :ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter : Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade-XP2 (32 MB)
Video Adapter :Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade-XP2 (32 MB)
Monitor : Toshiba Internal 1024x768 Panel

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter :Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
IDE Controller :Intel(R) 82801CAM Ultra ATA Storage Controller-248A
Floppy Drive :Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive :TOSHIBA MK3021GAS (30 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive :SONY DVD+RW DW-P50A
SMART Hard Disks Status : OK

Network:
Network Adapter : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection (10.100.50.152)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Shahadat
See more 

87 replies

Best answer
Thank you
hi I want to dell latitude D610 network controller driver

Thank you, mith 31

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1695 users this month

Thank you
download EVEREST Home Edition. expand the + next to devices in the left pane. click windows devices. Scroll down in the upper right pane and expand the + next to the question mark labeled "other devices". click on Network Controller. It should be highlighted blue. look in the lower right pane about 4 lines from the top there will be a line labeled "PCI Device". Go to support.dell.com and enter the service tag number from the bottom of your laptop and hit go. go to the list of drivers and expand the arrow labeled "Network". scroll down the list and find the driver for the device listed in EVEREST, download the driver, and viola. all fixed!!
Thank you
Ok guys...here's the answers to all your questions. This will solve all your worries and you'll be back online once again.

1) First download and install the Intel Pro 100 Network Adapter software App (see link below)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/...

2) Second download and install the INF for Intel Network Adapters. (see link below)
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/...

Once you reboot your system, you should be good to go and online once again.
Good luck.
MIKE, I have the same problem on network controller due to the virus problem. I have just sign in and see how helpful your are. Hope now my problem will end, but I have a problem on base system device, ethernet controller, PCI , Sm bus controller and video controller VGA compatible. All these has yellow exclamation mark(!). Pls help
HELLO mike,
i have the same problem with the internet connection
in the decive manager>other decvies>basics system decive, network controller, SM Bus controller
they are all marked with the yellow mark...it says that " the drivers for this device are not installed.(code28)"
i have just reinstalled the window Vista,,
i have tried with the driver CD it provided and it does not work
i have no idea what I should deal with it..really got a headache bcoz of it

since I have seen your post and the link above is for the XP version
i wanna know what download I should download in order to get online again..
hi mike, the first link u have given.. when I open it.. it shows that the download no longer available.. I tried one by one all of intel wirelless driver.. but I still couldnt find the right one.. can u help me plzz to find the exact download.. I m having this prob from last 4 days.. and trying to solve it.. thxx..
hi mike, the first link u have given.. when I open it.. it shows that the download no longer available.. I tried one by one all of intel wirelless driver.. but I still couldnt find the right one.. can u help me plzz to find the exact download.. I m having this prob from last 4 days.. and trying to solve it.. thxx..
Hard to download and install the drivers when I can't get the 8600 to fire up.
Thank you
Install the Intel proset driver, (3rd one down under network>intel) to get the proper controller.
Thank you
has anybody some network controller for toshiba tecra m1 laptop??
we bought a computer and lost some drivers...........;(( if anybody find anythink please giv us a sign on 'choco_milka@poczta.fm' thanks
lucia4love 5 Posts Monday May 12, 2008Registration date May 14, 2008 Last seen - May 14, 2008 at 02:32 PM
Thank you
Hello,
My name is lucia I see adress at(ccm.net ) I am a lovely and caring girl.I love to establish a relationship with you.Please reply me through my private e-mail box;(luciakofia45@yahoo.com)l promise you when l see your note l will send you my pictures, Thanks and am waiting to hear from you soonest,
lucia.
Thank you
Hi All

Please help me find the Network Controller for my Dell Laptop, Its really freaking me out.
I really need to solve this problem soonest.

Aaron
Thank you
network controller driver...is for the WiFi card...for dell insp 8600...Intel (R) Pro/Wireless 2100 LAN miniPCI Adapter...

http://support.dell.com/...

This took care of my problem
Thank you
In my case I had a (Drivers and Utilities) CD that I also had to install after the OS. Open it after downloading . Automatically it detects System Model "Latitude 610" and OS "Windows XP" then it lists all devices by drivers i.e. Audio Drivers; you require Network Drivers..
Select the US based "Dell_Wireless(US) WLAN Network Adaptor Card Rev:A04.
You would need to extract the compressed file.
Once again you have an automatic response from an InstallShield Wizard which installs and immediately notifies you of avail. networks (and wireless at that)
Thank you
i want network controller driver for DELL Inspiron 8600 laptop
Thank you
Hey Guys!

I have a similar problem.

I have a Zenith Director laptop. I installed windows xp. The harware setup shows that there is no "network controller" driver. Kindly help me identify the correct driver.

I understand that this is affecting my WI-FI connectivity. Correct me.

Regards,
B
i got the same problem and same laptop pls do help if you r problem is solved
I am facing similar problem on my Toshiba laptop. Please tell me where can I download Network Controller Driver software?
Thank you
i want audio drive for windows xp proffesional loaded compaq presario c738
Thank you
You can download the Dell Wireless driver for Inspiron 1545 from the below link. This works perfectly fine and there are no issues during installation:
http://support.us.dell.com/...
what about the driver for Dell Inspiron 4150
did you ever get the driver for the 4150? if so... I could really use it
mrslash 165 Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 9, 2009 Last seen - Apr 26, 2008 at 02:15 PM
Thank you
I think I can find that for you just gimme some time to search the driver and give you a link
These things happened at time when u format. If u're lucky, all ur drivers will be installed. What u have to do is that, use a friend computer to download the driver and then install it in urs. Go to google and type "free download for dell D600 network driver". The most common place to get it is dell website- support center.
Hope that solves ur problem.
Good luck..
Help - I have the same problem as Shannon had. My Model is Satelite M45 S331 System Unit and PSM40U 01R 001. I keep trying to download driver detective on my laptop that works so I can save on USB and then run on the Toshiba laptop (remote) that has no drivers installed.

I must be doing wrong thing. I can't find correct drivers to install and Driver Detective must be wrong thing. I can't find anything similiar to my model numbers...

Pmarie
hi pmarie. I used thedriver detective but still the problem persists. i'm even having a problem with the bluetooth and the wireless lan.so all three are non functional at the moment. I really need the laptop to be fully operational as it does play an important role in my everyday life.
pmarie > Pmarie - Apr 4, 2009 at 10:25 AM
I finally had to call for support and was on the phone with someone from India for about 1.5 hours to fix everything for a cost of about $75. The service I used was IYogi
Justy > Pmarie - Sep 2, 2009 at 10:18 AM
just contact your computer provider example dell, mac etc... with your service tag number and express tag # on the bottom of each laptop.

They will tell you which driver is correct for you to download and they will also provide you with that driver for free.
Thank you
I want Network Controller driver for dell laptop d610
Hi

I now have the same problem you seem to have had finding drivers for the D610.
Dell's system does not recognise the Service Tag I have printed under the comp: 60SMX1J and I have not been able to get online to get further.
Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I actually need all 6 drivers listed in Device Manager's "Other Devices" if you can help?

Thanks,
John
Hi John.

Please help me!

I am having the exact same issue as you w/ my Dell Latitude D610. All the Other Devices have yellow question marks next to them and I can not get on-line to fix the issue.

What can I do???

Thanks - Manda
gonzaces > manda - Feb 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Hi Amanda you need 2 install the drivers this is why they are yellow.
Thank you
dimana saya bisa download semua driver thosiba dynabook ip 1860 ????please
Thank you
Hi!!

Please explain in English.

Regards,
Thank you
i need drivers for internet back into my Dell laptop.
1 2 3 Next

Network Controller driver - page 2