Recording device

Solved/Closed
naslash - Updated on Nov 4, 2017 at 05:49 AM
 frustrated - Nov 3, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Hello,
I am having trouble with the recording device. I have tried everything I read in this forum, and even more. I have deleted my recording device by mistake and I am having a hard time retrieving it. It says that the audio output and every other device is working properly. So it basically says everything in the sound card is working, but my microphone won't work because it can't detect a recording device. I am using a Sony VAIO VGN-FE48G/H with windows vista. I can't even find the model of my laptop on the sony website to download drivers, even though it's quite recent. Help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

25 replies

If you had disabled the recording device and now it is not visible. you may want to follow instruction from following blurb:
You are the man! I have a Sony VAIO and I accidently disabled my Microphone. Call the helpdesk and he was WORTHLESS. He wanted me to wipe my machine and reinstall and .,... Told him to go to HELL.

No where in Vista, it tells or shows how to enable it. Thanks man!

Simple right click and ,.....
Great Advice!!! Worked perfectly! Thanks!!! :-)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... LIFE SAVER! =)
hello , I have the same problem , but when I click show disabled devices , it doesn't show any device , except LINE-IN , and line-in doesn't work , please any help !
dude I think im gonna have to get down on one knee and ask you to marry me, I finally got my mic workin thanks to you, much appreciated man
kimberlee-ann
Jan 23, 2010 at 05:49 PM
HELLO! THIS SAME PROBLEM HAD HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING, I DID PLENTY OF RESEARCHES TO TRY TO ENABLE BACK MY MIC AND I DID NOT FIND ANY HELP AT ALL! BUT OUT OF LUCK, I FOUND THE SOLUTION MYSELF.

I CURRENTLY HAVE WINDOWS 7 AND I THINK IT WOULD BE THE SAME FOR VISTA & ETC.

START MENU > CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE & SOUND > SOUND > MANAGE AUDIO DEVICES > RECORDING TAB > RIGHT CLICK IN BLANK BOX & CHECK "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES.

TAAAA-DAA! IT WORKS NOW! HOPE THIS HELPS! ;D ENJOY!

<3KIMMIE.
Thanks Kimberlee, I read your tip and now I am able to record streaming audio to my computer. I right click in a blank space following your instructions and I checked show disabled devices. Then by magic appeared a sound recorder. Right now I am listening and recording online music from
http;//www.grooveshark.com to https://www.mp3mymp3.com/ this last one I downloaded for free, and it works now, but VERY IMPORTANT, you must restart this program, and then you'll be able to record clicking the red button, witch before was nor possible.
OMGGG thank so much I have been anoid all day and now it works!
Thank you thank you thank you. It's so easy when you know how. Lots of kisses. xxx
thank you some much!!! it works now ! it was so simple, but took 4+ hours to find this. thank you again!
thanks... really, a lot!
I tried right clicking on no recording device installed but never gave option to enable. Still can't find recording device and does not recognize microphone
This does not work for me as I right click and there is nothing that says "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

Exactly what area are you talking about?
right clicked on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the
Taskbar, selected Recording Devices, right clicked in the window and selected
both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
nice thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Have you definately deleted it? Because I missed the fact that I hadn't deleted it, it was still there, it was just set to hidden!
I have skype, it rings but it says that I have a problem with my recording device, please can someone help
ID KISS YOU IF YOU WERNT A THOUSAND MILES AWAY..... MIC HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR A YEAR !!! CHEERS :D X
bladegolembob
Jul 8, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Easier method that worked for me with Windows 7 (using Fatal1ty HS-800 headset and mic did not work):

Control Panel - - Troubleshooting tab - - Hardware and Sound - - Troubleshoot audio recording tab

computer troubleshoot/fixed it for me - - didn't have to do anything but click on what it asked me for
Dude I could KISS U!!!! I thought my laptop was uselesss noww!!!!!
Thanks Bro, it really helped me..
NOW I CAN FIND MY RECORDING DEVICE ALSO BY GOING TO CONTROL PANEL THEN
SOUND ICON THEN RECORDING TAB AND RIGHT CLICKING MOUSE BUTTON AND
SELECTING "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES". THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.
thank you thank youuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did what you all said but it still wouldnt show the mic. then I switched tabs and when I came back to the tab that says recording, the mic was there!!! I started shouting and celebrating hahahaaaaa thank you all
This is so awesome. Thanks soooooooooooooo much. I was in a panic until I found your input.
Extremely grateful
Dec 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Dude, thank you so much! I was panicking for a few hours.
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

MUCHOSGRACIAS
Thank You! Simple and effective instructions. You saved me a lot of time considering what Acer wanted me to do.
Amazing how one answer can help SO many of us. Yes, I too thought that I, somehow, deleted a driver or something. However, like so many of us I had only hidden the device from the dialogue box. I'm already married or I would consider the same as some of the previous postings!
THANK YOU!!!
thank you!! you are the best!
rubrami281
Registration date
Tuesday September 30, 2008
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2009
Nov 3, 2008 at 09:39 AM
Run a system restore point back 2 the days b4 U deleted your recording device. This should get it bac 4 U. Once U get it bac, Click on Volume tab, hit the Advanced button under "Device volume," then click on the word "Options," then choose Properties. Now select Playback. Here U will find a list with checkmarks next 2 each entry showing all of the possible sound outputs on the PC. If the entries for things such as Wave and Synth as well as ones 4 various speakers R not checked, they could B set wrong and yet kept invisible. So, put a check in front of every item under Playback properties and make sure none R set 2 mute. Then use the slider bars 2 crank each of the inputs up 2 maximum.
Actually I have already tried system restore and that did not work. The recording device was deleted a couple of months ago, and system restore won't go back more than a month in the system's history. So that did not work. Thank you though.
Thank you so very much.
I disabled my microphone on accident and had noidea how to turn it back on thank you so so so so much.
Now I can finally talk to my sweet! hehehe (: