Recording device [Solved/Closed]

naslash - Nov 3, 2008 at 06:44 AM - Latest reply:  frustrated
- Nov 3, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Hello,
I am having trouble with the recording device. I have tried everything I read in this forum, and even more. I have deleted my recording device by mistake and I am having a hard time retrieving it. It says that the audio output and every other device is working properly. So it basically says everything in the sound card is working, but my microphone won't work because it can't detect a recording device. I am using a Sony VAIO VGN-FE48G/H with windows vista. I can't even find the model of my laptop on the sony website to download drivers, even though it's quite recent. Help will be appreciated.

Thank You.
See more 

75 replies

Best answer
Thank you
If you had disabled the recording device and now it is not visible. you may want to follow instruction from following blurb:

Thank you, mi10 404

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1710 users this month

thankss (;
Where are these instructions D:?
cannot see following blurb where is it?
Thanks This worked for me now
kimberlee-ann - Jan 23, 2010 at 05:49 PM
Thank you
HELLO! THIS SAME PROBLEM HAD HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING, I DID PLENTY OF RESEARCHES TO TRY TO ENABLE BACK MY MIC AND I DID NOT FIND ANY HELP AT ALL! BUT OUT OF LUCK, I FOUND THE SOLUTION MYSELF.

I CURRENTLY HAVE WINDOWS 7 AND I THINK IT WOULD BE THE SAME FOR VISTA & ETC.

START MENU > CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE & SOUND > SOUND > MANAGE AUDIO DEVICES > RECORDING TAB > RIGHT CLICK IN BLANK BOX & CHECK "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES.

TAAAA-DAA! IT WORKS NOW! HOPE THIS HELPS! ;D ENJOY!

<3KIMMIE.
thanks so much. that worked for me too
I accidently deleted it... So much obliged for this, Kim ;)
thank yo very much.ive only had my laptop a day and was not looking forward to the embarssement of taking it back.Your a saviour :D
3KIMMIE !!!
I hope you win a lottery worth billions. I was at the point of doing a flight test on my HP g60 until I saw your post here. Thank you so much for your help.

*bows deeply*
with respect
will
thankyou very much kimberley-ann. it helped renable floral's toshiba tv audio driver
Thank you
I tried right clicking on no recording device installed but never gave option to enable. Still can't find recording device and does not recognize microphone
Thank you
This does not work for me as I right click and there is nothing that says "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

Exactly what area are you talking about?
right clicked on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the
Taskbar, selected Recording Devices, right clicked in the window and selected
both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
nice thank you :)
Thank you
Have you definately deleted it? Because I missed the fact that I hadn't deleted it, it was still there, it was just set to hidden!
Thank you
I have skype, it rings but it says that I have a problem with my recording device, please can someone help
Thank you
ID KISS YOU IF YOU WERNT A THOUSAND MILES AWAY..... MIC HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR A YEAR !!! CHEERS :D X
bladegolembob - Jul 8, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Thank you
Easier method that worked for me with Windows 7 (using Fatal1ty HS-800 headset and mic did not work):

Control Panel - - Troubleshooting tab - - Hardware and Sound - - Troubleshoot audio recording tab

computer troubleshoot/fixed it for me - - didn't have to do anything but click on what it asked me for
Thank you
Hiya, the same thing has happened to me, i'm using the Sony Vaio cr31s, and I seriously can't find any way to fix it. Would the only way to sort it out be to wipe the laptop clean and start over? I have the discs?

Thanks
Had the same prob with an AR51M. Solution is to dowlnoad the latest audio drivers from the VAIO site. Good luck.
Thank you
Thanks Bro, it really helped me..
Thank you
Dude I could KISS U!!!! I thought my laptop was uselesss noww!!!!!
Thank you
NOW I CAN FIND MY RECORDING DEVICE ALSO BY GOING TO CONTROL PANEL THEN
SOUND ICON THEN RECORDING TAB AND RIGHT CLICKING MOUSE BUTTON AND
SELECTING "SHOW DISABLED DEVICES". THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.
Thank you
thank you thank youuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did what you all said but it still wouldnt show the mic. then I switched tabs and when I came back to the tab that says recording, the mic was there!!! I started shouting and celebrating hahahaaaaa thank you all
Thank you
This is so awesome. Thanks soooooooooooooo much. I was in a panic until I found your input.
Extremely grateful - Dec 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Thank you
Dude, thank you so much! I was panicking for a few hours.
Thank you
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

MUCHOSGRACIAS
Thank you
Thank You! Simple and effective instructions. You saved me a lot of time considering what Acer wanted me to do.
Thank you
Amazing how one answer can help SO many of us. Yes, I too thought that I, somehow, deleted a driver or something. However, like so many of us I had only hidden the device from the dialogue box. I'm already married or I would consider the same as some of the previous postings!
Thank you
THANK YOU!!!
Thank you
thank you!! you are the best!
1 2 Next

Recording device - page 2