No Sound, no audio device, and unknowns

Solved/Closed
Hubie Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2008 - Aug 7, 2008 at 02:28 AM
 HizkiaN - Feb 11, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Hello, I own a HP 7915. I recently crashed the system and had to do a system recovery. Afterwards I lost sound. I have seen simialr threads but none of them worked and there is a difference tro my problem that I have not been able to find an answer yet.

I went to sounds and devices and under volume it says No Audio Device.

Under the audio tab in sound playback it says under default device No Playback Device and voice playback it says under default device No Playback Device.

HP says my factory sound hardware is suppose to be Realtek Audio Codec or Creative Audigy, but when I go to the hardware tab it's not in there. There's a list of other devices and underneath it all there are two that says Unknown. I went to properties ansd it says

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I hit the reinstall driver through windows update and it searches and never finds it.

I don't get it. Why aren't the Realtek or Creative in my hardware, what are those unknowns and what should I do with them, and most important I want to get my sound back.

26 responses

my dell dimension 3000 with window xp has lost its audio device. Tried to get download device from support.dell.com , yet still can't re install as the download just don't show to run the program to install. How can I restore the missing audio device? Plas help & TQ.
MY COMPUTER DISPLAY NO AUDIO DIVICE
Install the sound device cd or dvd that you got when you first brought the computer it should come with it..
SteveFlores Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2011
Apr 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Yes, just be sure to go to the official website of your device manufacturer and specify the missing driver, and then download and install it.

http://www.unknowndevicedrivers.com/unknown-device-driver-download-exe-or-zip/

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
o dont have a sound
no audio device
im having troble with my audio...trying 2 hear music and put movies on my computer and it keeps saying no audio devise detected or no audio device installed...can u please help me
pls,
send me a audio device.

thanks & regards,
keshu
theres no audio sounds of my computer tell me shall I do?
my system has no audio device.please help me to how to reinstall the volume control.
i'm having a problem with sound on ma pc. anytime I try clicking on ma sound recorder for it to appear at the task bar, it tells no sound device is installed. thanx
hi.
i have installed windows7 on my pc today,and it recognize my sound card itself,but there is no sound coming out from my speakers,i have reinstalled the audio driver but the problem remains,and it doesn't auto play my motherboard cd,my motherboard is p5ld2 se,i dont know what to do,plz help me

thnks