Antivirus XP 2008 removal

Solved/Closed
MisterMcCool - Aug 9, 2008 at 09:49 PM
 D1e9a9n1 - Sep 9, 2009 at 06:49 AM
Hello,
Can someone help me remove Antivirus XP 2008 for free???????????
Related:

23 responses

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 11, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Hello,
Download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, make the update and do a complete scan.
Best regards
Thank you very much regarding the posting for Malwarebytes...it worked excellent for me:)
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491 > Candy
Aug 15, 2008 at 04:04 PM
Hello Candy,
To complete, you have to open quarantine of malwarebytes and remove all it contains.

After download and install CCleaner (/!\ do not install yahoo toolbar) :

1) In left column, click on "registry", check all options, click on "Scan for Issues" button and after "Fix Selected Issues" button, a message to save your registry will appear, click on "Yes". Do it again until it find no errors.

2) After, you quit your web browser, and click on "Cleaner", in the left column, check all options except " Advanced", click on "Analyze" button and if it find something, click on "Run Cleaner" button.

Best regards
egyptianqueen13
Aug 25, 2008 at 01:15 PM
Thanks, aquarelle :-)! "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" worked and I FINALLY was able to remove Antivirus XP 2008 from my PC. You just saved my PC from being formatted :-)
You are a GENIUS!

egyptianqueen13
hi aquarelle. i've been trying to get rid of antivirus xp 2008 all day. been on loads of websites and tried different recommended antispyware, but have seen most saying the malwarebytes is most effective.
but when i get to the download page and try to download it wont allow me, the browser closes saying "internet explorer cannot display this page" i have a good connection, its just when i try to download something that will remove antivirus xp that this happens. this is the one thing i have not seen other users having trouble with. any help would be very much appreciated.
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491 > martin
Sep 10, 2008 at 01:16 PM
Hello,
Maybe you could download it with an other web-browser like firefox, not sure it will work but you can try. Otherwise, download Malwarebytes with an other computer to an usb key or a CD and try to install it to your.
Best regards.
do system restore . it worked for me and i think will always work for that dang virus. if you got the virus today, do system restore to yesterday. the control panel remove programs thing does not work... the virus creaters are smarter than that
Trackass31 Posts 4 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2008 2
Aug 26, 2008 at 02:16 PM
Hi i've down loaded malware 'anti-maleware ???? any way its taking ages for it to go through my whole computer !!! any way thank you soo much for the advice !!! i'll let you know if it works...also the 'virus' has stopped me from going to the start menu and accessesing my programs !!! has this happend to any one else ??? i'll write tomorrow when i return to my computer and will follow aquarelle advice ....... thank god i found this page !!! i think i pick it up from down loading music from mini nova stite , free down loads for music films etc !!!!
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Aug 10, 2008 at 11:00 AM
hi MisterMcCool,
just go in add/remove option in the control panel and simply remove it,,,,,simple as that;-)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
anyway guys if u have trouble wiv this antivirus xp 2008 agent i have finnaly managed too get rid of it totaly free if u wish too find out how add me me on msn or email me i'll be willing too help :)
Hi what is your msn addy as i am in need of help removing it from my vista laptop.

regards

BAB
please help me to remove antivirus 2008
Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2008 at 09:15 AM
hi there,

but tell me dont you have the options of removing it in your control panel ?

if not post me a reply here on the forum

thank you
antivirus xp 2008 can not remove viruses
Aug 12, 2008 at 09:12 PM
Dear sir/madam,

I need free licence for antivirus xp 2008 because I can not remove viruses from my computer.

thanks
Cannot remove this through control panel what should l do???????.
jahangir > antivirus xp 2008 can not remove viruses
Sep 3, 2008 at 10:17 PM
Dear Sir
I Need Antivirus XP free software for my office PC
Please you give me Antivirus XP software.

Thanks and best regards
No i don't it isn't showing up. Please help me to remove this.
D > antivirus xp 2008 can not remove viruses
Apr 11, 2009 at 05:35 PM
My friend has tried different places to have this virus removed and has not been sucessful some time ago they tried to install XP home and all it does is come on and show the 2008 virus and then goes to a screen that must registar or activate windows and is unable to do this can some one help with this problem or does one just have to trash the computor

D

Using " Remove Programs" in the control panel to remove Anativirus XP 2008 siimply doesn't work!
percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 47
Aug 11, 2008 at 10:54 AM
hi MisterMcCool,,,
just go in control panel; then go to add/remove then just remove it dear;-)
i can not remove it from the control panal... is there a free way to do it?
quixoticgnostic
Aug 12, 2008 at 03:45 AM
it seems that the program disables system restore now. Is there a program out there anywhere that doesn't make you pay to remove this bastard of a virus?
It appears that I have removed the Antivirus XP 2008 using Malware & Cleaner as suggested (thanks!). I say appears because I have my screensaver/background back & the message I had on the screen is gone. But when I went back to get my AVG Free Download for Virus Protection it said that another antivirus program was running & that I needed to close it and then try to install. I installed anyway but it will not let me get updates and says a .bin file is missing, any more advice on this?
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 17, 2008 at 03:10 AM
Hello,
It's just a bug of AVG free antivirus, not a result of the previous manipulations.
Then, you have to :
1. click on this link : https://www.avg.com/fr-fr/free-antivirus-download
2. create a new folder on desktop that you name "AVG"
3. in this new folder, download those files : AVI 270.6.4 and IAVI: / 1616
4. launch your AVG if it is not done
5. select "tools" from the bar menu and click on "updated from directory"
6. then select the new folder you have created on the desktop
7. Now your updates should be done

Best regards
eddy > aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024
Sep 12, 2008 at 04:54 AM
PLZ SEND REG. E-MAIL
1) go to start meu
2) click programs
3) you will find the antivirus xp 2008 in it

right click and select properties
follow the path and delete the files

the repeat steps 1 2 & 3

delete the anitivirus 2008 folder from programs menu by right-clicking on it

to make sure

search your C-Drive fo any files named antivirus xp 2008,

if you find any pls delete it

restart your comp

awaiting reply

Melisio Mascarenhas (meli)\
India
I tried that, was able to delete off the Start then Program and also on the add remove program but
it is still not solving the problem the Antivirus 2008 message appears on the screen when put on
Trackass31 Posts 4 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2008 2
Sep 1, 2008 at 01:09 PM
Yes It seemed to have worked so thank you aquarelle for what you wrote on this page !!! i've also used the clean up program as well !!! soo again thank you !!! What a utter pest that was !!!

I hope you other guys who come across it !!! also have success and you should just follow the advice above.... Thank
you..
The unfortunate news is that this virus/malware will never be completely removed as you cannot unregister the dll file. You may think you have got rid of it, but sooner or later it will crop up again. The only method is to reformat your pc which will mean your entire content wiped unless a backup is made.
Dear sir/madam,

I need free licence for antivirus xp 2008 because I can not remove viruses from my computer.

thanks
Sep 8, 2008 at 06:33 AM
Hello,
You don't need free licence for antivirus xp 2008 because it's a malware thus you have to remove it.
To do that, follow those steps :
1) http://ccm.net/forum/affich 18707 antivirus xp 2008 removal#5
2) http://ccm.net/forum/affich 18707 antivirus xp 2008 removal#11
Best regards
plece remove virus in my computer
There are lots of bullshits on internet, how remove this officious Antivirus 2008 virus... but the truth is: they DON"T work!!!! I tried everything, all tools were recommended, but NO one of them worked.... (Spyware Doctor was worst, made computer slower and didn't detect anything!)

Antivirus 2008 isn't so easy to find, It's hide itself under normal windows files and processes names!!!!

But only one program which helped so much was a-squared HiJackFree.

In ActiveX tab I found these horrible Rogue viruses, they were marked red and I just unistalled it (but you must be careful, not to delete Windows components, first make google search before deleting something...)
a-squared HiJackFree is wonderful tool!!!!

Good luck for all! :-)
Pupa from Germany
@ nate;
Would creating a backup not just allow the virus' remaining files to carry over to the formatted drive?
Dear Sir
I Need Antivirus XP free software for my office PC
Please you give me Antivirus XP software.

Thanks and best regards
Relax..here is how to get rid of this so-called 2008 removal crap.
Google Microsoft Download Center and download Microsofts "Windows Defender"

This will get rid of it...THANK YOU MICROSOFT!
Microsoft's "Windows Defender" is FREE!

Just go to Microsoft's Download Center and down load the
Windows Defender program.
Choose "RUN" and it will take it away.
It also remover three other things I was unaware of. Be sure to join the free Microsoft community while there so we can all join together against these unscrupulous viruses!

Good Luck, from Boston (HULL) Paul
INeedHelpPlease Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2008
Nov 26, 2008 at 06:23 PM
i have just gained a virus or soemthing, i am unaware of this, i am not sure if this is a MAJOR problem or not, the problem is a small icon that keeps on popping up with a balloon saying "You have a Security Problem!". The little symbol is a red shield with a white X on it.... Please someone help me remove this=/