Sound won't work at all.

Solved/Closed
Anonymous User - Aug 12, 2008 at 04:35 PM
 AungAung - Apr 22, 2017 at 06:18 AM
Hello, I'm having serious and very annoying trouble with my sound. My sound doesn't make sound. I have a Windows Vista, the other day I reinstalled it and, since then my sound button at the corner of my screen next too the clock has had a little red "x" on it. It saids I don't have any audio devices installed. In "Hardware and Sound" in control panel it saids it's working fine. I have SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC for sound. I hope this isn't my sound card messed up. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't work and I reseted my computer over hundreds of times. Please help.
Related:

77 responses

Throw Your Pc Or Laptop Away Its A Load Of Shit
mine is doing the same thing I have windows vista and on my voolume it says sigmatel high defintion audio codec idk wat to do plz help!
i have the same prob!
Same here. I wanted to watch something on youtube. The day before;it worked perfevtly fine. But now it doesn't make a sound.!!!
Plzz someone HELP!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
This is my work computer and the speakers have always worked on my Vista computer until the past week. Sound does come through the headphones, but no longer the speakers. I have had this computer now for over a year, so it doesn't make sense that I would have to do ANYTHING to get the sound to come through my speakers again.
laa shyy gurl
Jun 11, 2010 at 06:19 PM
well my dose not work ether! but my is a hp laptop && also my wireless internet dose not work? can you help? :(
I would say, go to: https://www.realtek.com/zh-tw/ and download the latest sound drivers..
hey I accidently deleted my sound drive I think I go into my media player and it says that I dont have an audio output device whats going on it was working yersterday and I dont have the cash to buy the product it wont even let me ajust my volume controles whats going on here can anyone help a guy out plz
my sound had deacyeied iy self on safe mode y?
I have Windows 7 and Im trying to hook up my speakers. I am able to hear sound when I play music through Windows Media player but I cannot hear anything when I play music using You Tube?
Can someone help
hello my sounds not working can u help been into my sounds and audio devices and its not doing a think dont know what to do
sogaryo I open the plug-inns on yahoo messenger and click the yahoo music, it plays a music but I can not hear a sound. what should I do in order to fix this problem on my computer?
i try to fix in many ways like to troubleshoot in device manager, sound and audio, and sound card compatibility of my motherboard and my operating system that I will installed in my computer but still no sound was being heard. what should I do to solve this problem?
to bad deal with it
The same thing happend to me...what should I do??????
arnold svartineggar
Jul 15, 2010 at 01:08 AM
tXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX man you are inteligent man you are a muthefuking genius nigga
I rolled it back and now everything works. Try it.