Connecting my Notebook to LCD Resolution ?

Closed
Anand - Nov 7, 2009 at 12:54 AM
 Lucky - Jan 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Hello,

I trying to connect my Lenovo Notebook to my new 46 Inch LCD Sony Bravia TV. What are the Display setting that i should have in my notebook to have the screen exactly visible in my TV. I tried different resolutions and they are not excatly fit in my TV.They are either visible as small in the TV or the screen is cut. My Screen is not fit. I am connecting it with a HDMI Cable to my TV.

Please suggest me the display setting i should follow to get the whole screen fit in my TV. My resolutions are based on 15.4" monitor / Windows Vista Home Premium / Lenovo Notebook. My Current resolution in which the display is not cropped much is 1200X600

Please advise, it would be more helpful

1 response

RiverFox Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 1
Nov 7, 2009 at 01:37 AM
computer-tv-cable 1. First you need a video cable for making the physically connection.

Most computers have an S-Video port that can be connected to the S-Video input of your TV screen using a very cheap S-Video cable (it’s round with 4 or 7 pins).

For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.

connect television 2. Open the "display settings" in your Vista computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.

3. Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.
Thanks for your reply River FOx..

I have done everything you have mentioned above. I am connecting it with an HDMI to HDMI cable.

The problem i am facing is, the whole screen is not fitting in my TV. I need to know which resolution will best fit my TV.
Slowlad > Anand
Dec 8, 2009 at 07:44 AM
I have Similar Sony Bravia, on TV remote you need to go to settings and PC settings and select 'Stretch' for screen to fill completely.
Go to the following on your SONY Bravia:

MENU > SCREEN
You will see DISPLAY AREA
Set this to FULL PIXEL
Do like this on sony bravia - connect ur laptop and then do the following settings
Home->Settings->Picture and Display->Screen->Auto Display Area ->Off