PS3 not supported [Solved/Closed]

Braddles - Jun 6, 2009 at 09:54 AM - Latest reply:  Minecraftboy
- Feb 19, 2018 at 07:34 AM
Hello,

I hooked up my hdmi cable ps3 to my tv and it's said "mode not supported" and I did a test run on another tv and it worked fine, it's a HDTV, I just don't understand!!!!
Please help
See more 

36 replies

+858
Helpful
Hook up your PS3 to you TV with the HDMI cable. Now, when you turn on your PS3, hold the power button on the PS3 for 5 seconds. It will reset the PS3 video options and recognize the HDMI connection. It will then search for the correct resolution settings on the TV. Press (X) to confirm. And that's it. You should be set. If not, then the TV is acting rather strange.

-Good Luck
Was this answer helpful?  
Worked. Thank you
+109
Helpful
Turn off PS3... Hold the on button and it will turn on but keep holding untill it beeps again and continue holding for 5 sec. Then turn on normally and it should set up the HDMI
Thanks DemonLord, your idea worked. I now realize that I previously had a 1080p tv hooked up with 1080p settings and I then switched back to a 1080i tv so I guess my ps3 was still trying to display 1080p output to my 1080i tv so my tv said "mode not supported." But now I have the picture back on its 1080i pircture. Thanks again!
Thanks so much for the five second suggestion, it worked great. After we got it running we also went into the PS3 setup menu and selected automatic for video output resolution and audio output settings. This automatically resets the PS3 when you move it from one Tv to another.
Just read your advice and tried it. it works! thank you very much
I had the same problem, now its fixed. Thank you :) :) :)
+20
Helpful
Thank you so much about holding down the power button for 5 seconds, I have been trying to figure this out for hours.... THanks so much
+16
Helpful
i do have a hdtv
notebookpc 24 Posts Monday August 25, 2008Registration date June 6, 2009 Last seen - Jun 6, 2009 at 01:33 PM
+6
Helpful
On the side of the TV, there must be a port labeled HDMI. If it is not the case then, there is no way your PS will run on your TV
+6
Helpful
Thank you very much, so helpful indeed.
psyauto 4 Posts Tuesday April 7, 2009Registration date June 6, 2009 Last seen - Jun 6, 2009 at 09:57 AM
+4
Helpful
Hello you must have a HDTV to get connected to the ps3