i WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO RESTORE A DELL COMPUTER BACK TO FACTORY WITHOUT A DISK. I DID DO IT BEFORE I JUST FORGOT HOW. I THINK IT IS CONTROL, ALT AND A F # OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
Restore the Computer to the Default Factory Configuration
When you restore the computer to the default factory configuration, all data on the C drive is deleted. Before performing this procedure, back up personal files. If you do not back up personal files, the data is lost.
1. Restart the computer. To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.
2. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
Good Luck (please don't post in all CAPITAL LETTERS next time)
3. Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
9. Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.