Usb pen drive will not be detected

Closed
naomie101 Posts 12 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2008 - Aug 17, 2008 at 03:54 AM
 meli - Aug 17, 2008 at 08:28 AM
Hello,

i have been trying to connect my pen drive to my pc since this morning but windows will not detect it nor will try to search for its driver. i have connected it in my sister's pc and its working fine without asking me for the drivers then what shall i do?

thanks for your support buddies
Related:

2 responses

you probably log on to your system with restricted priviliges, try login into your system as ADMINISTRATOR,

else go to your desktop,
right-click my computer
click manage
a window named computer management opens up
go to stroage
right-click removable storage
click properties
switch to security tab
look into users accounts with click on your log-in name
the select all the check box options

also don't forget to check the device manager you can finf in in the window of computer management explained above or go to desktop right click my computer, click properties, a window named system properties opens up
click the hardware tab, then click device manager. click on the + sign next to the universal serial bus controllers (USB)
go to usb mass storage device
right click on it
click properties
on the general tab there is a drop down menu named device usage click device usage (enable)
if you prob still hasnt solved then follow the given steps

Attach the device to your computer.
Open Add Hardware in Control Panel.
In the Add Hardware Wizard, click Next.
Click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.
Do one of the following:
Click Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended) if you want Windows to try to detect the new non-Plug and Play device you want to install.
Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) if you know the type and model of the device you are installing and you want to select it from a list of devices.
Click Next, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

To open the Add Hardware Wizard, click Start, point to
Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add Hardware.

You may need administrative privileges to add and set up a Plug and Play device. You need administrative privileges if installing the device requires a user interface or if you experience errors during the installation process.

do reply

regards
Melisio Mascarenhas (MELI)
India