Fingerprint scanner issue-HP-DV 6500

Closed
PRINCE4PALS - Nov 15, 2009 at 06:54 AM
 PRINCE4PALS - Nov 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Hello,

Hi, I have a hp pavilion dv6500 laptop with vista os. As got vexed of vista due to its slow functionality, i successfully downgraded the os to xp-sp2.Everything is well set and perfectly working. However, i am unable to use the fingerprint scanner. It used to be verisoft access manager. Now its gone and the scanner is now falling vestigial. Is there anyway i can get it into use again,or are there any drivers or support softwares.I think this is due to incompatibility of hardware with xp.os. Can anyone help me or suggest anything. I would be very grateful.
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Nov 15, 2009 at 07:08 AM
hi there,

its a driver issue

download the correct driver version here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/

Thanks
Hi dancedhall,

First of all, i would like to thank you for the prompt reply. The point is that i have downloaded software form the hp official website, Unfortunately it supports only Vista OS. I further searched the web and found previous version of drivers for fingerprint scanner(Authentec.inc). Both the Vista compatible and Authentic Drivers are getting installed perfectly, However, I am still unable to start up the services of my fingerprint scanner or cannot find anything in regards with Fingerprint access manager anywhere on my system. I searched control panel, Utility manager and every possible place.Kindly guide me where can i find the access manager or how can I start these services. I would like the access manager Icon to be shown up in the quick launch baror/ Desktop for easy access in future. Can you assist me with this?

Thank You once again !!!
Hi dancedhall,

First of all, i would like to thank you for the prompt reply. The point is that i have downloaded software form the hp official website, Unfortunately it supports only Vista OS. I further searched the web and found previous version of drivers for fingerprint scanner(Authentec.inc). Both the Vista compatible and Authentic Drivers are getting installed perfectly, However, I am still unable to start up the services of my fingerprint scanner or cannot find anything in regards with Fingerprint access manager anywhere on my system. I searched control panel, Utility manager and every possible place.Kindly guide me where can i find the access manager or how can I start these services. I would like the access manager Icon to be shown up in the quick launch bar/ Desktop for easy access in future. Can you assist me with this?

Thank You once again !!!