Acer Aspire One ZG5 not booting - not screen

Solved/Closed
meilynp - Nov 17, 2009 at 07:39 PM
 JDMcNugent - Nov 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5 which has stopped working. The power light goes on, however theres nothing on the screen, not even a flicker. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

mentormatt8 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2009
Nov 17, 2009 at 08:44 PM
Press f8 while booting up and let us know what you see/hear.
No sound, nothing on the screen. If I was technical, which I am not, I would say that the monitor doesn't work, however it used to makes sounds when it booted up before, so I'm guessing that there is more to the mystery.
In fact, the only thing that appears to be working on the whole PC is the power light (top right corner) and the battery light (top left corner).
Oh my, I found the solution - and I'm not technical!!! (Picture a very happy smile on my face right now.)

The problem was fixed by updating the BIOS. I found the solution on another site as part of another Acer owner's issue (http://thedesignspace.net/MT2archives/000703.html

I have copied the pertinent information on how to update the BIOS below.

1. Download the BIOS updater for the AOA110 from Acer's site (http://gd.panam.acer.com/home/ To use, you will need a USB thumb drive.
2. Open the archive, and find the file 3310.fd inside the folder "Dos_Flash". Change the name of the file to zg5ia32.fd.
3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive. Be sure the AC adapter is plugged in.
4. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
5. Press and hold down the Fn and Esc keys together and press the power button.
6. When the unit's power light comes on, release the Fn and Esc keys.
7. The power light will start to blink. Let it run, and after 1-7 minutes, it should reboot and the BIOS will be updated.
fantastic , worked for me too - thought my netbook was a goner!
thank you so so so so much you are a saint!