Execution files infected

Closed
JAB - Nov 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 27, 2009 at 09:50 PM
Hello,
I attempted to run a video file off the internet. I got a text box asking if I wanted to save or run the file. Without thinking and simply closing the text box, I foolishly clicked on run. This file proceeded to infect the execution files on my computer while bringing up a screen telling me my computer was infected and offering a virus scanner from some unrecognized company. I did not go for that--assuming it would request a credit card number and leave me in even bigger trouble.

The problem is I can't use my computer. It continues to bring up the virus warning and virus scanner offer. I can't use Explorer--I get a message that it is corrupted. Task Manager gives me the same message that it can't open because it is corrupted. I tried my computer's virus scanner and it stops dead at 31 percent.

I need help. Can you offer a solution.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 27, 2009 at 09:50 PM
You need professional Virus repair. See if you can find a local repair shop that can do virus removal. They might need to copy your hard drive and re-install Windows to remove the virus.

Good Luck