Recovering data off 2 raided sata HD's

Closed
Zitro - Dec 1, 2009 at 01:03 AM
jimmyread Posts 7 Registration date Monday December 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2011 - Dec 16, 2009 at 05:44 AM
Hello,
I have recently purchased and installed a new Sata HD into my current pc and removed my previous 2 raided hard drives out. I am trying to access the information on them but windows wont recognize the hard drives. They have no pins. My bios recognizes them. Windows device manager recognize them but they wont appear on computer. I am currently running windows vista home premium. Thx.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 1, 2009 at 01:12 PM
You will need to install the raid hard drives Back into the same PC before you can read the data.

Good Luck
jimmyread Posts 7 Registration date Monday December 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2011 1
Dec 16, 2009 at 05:44 AM
I think that may be due to some kind of bugs in your system, your BIOS is not able to detect the hard drive. What kind of file system are you using.. NTFS or FAT32.

I am using NTFS file system and few months back when my hard drive got corrupted due to the abnormal shutting of the computer, I used a software called Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery. It recovered all the deleted items from the hard drive and also repaired the hard drive.

Have a look at this software, see if it is of any help to you.

This is the link to that software website: http://www.stellarphoenixdatarecovery.co.uk