Serious problem with external hard drive

Closed
totallybeachin - Dec 10, 2009 at 03:22 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Dec 11, 2009 at 02:06 PM
Hello,
Hopefully someone here can help me.
I have an external hard drive that is causing me some serious headaches. I should mention that this just started happening today. Last night, and everyday before, never had a problem.
I plug the drive into a USB port and it is showing up as Local Disc (F) and has no information about the drive, used spaced, free space, that kind of thing. It has always showed up as removable storage and told me the space. Also, when I right click and go to properties, it says 0 space available, 0 space used and if I open the drive, it shows no files or folders.

Here's the kicker. If I plug the drive into a different computer, I can access everything on the drive.
Sooooo, I know the drive has not been deleted (or whatever) since I can access it through a different computer, but what is going on???

I have 4 USB ports and I have tried them all.

Someone, please, PLEASE, help!!!
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Dec 11, 2009 at 02:06 PM
try unistalling all your usb ports and reinstalling the drivers.