Cannot put pc on stand by mode

Closed
usbdealz Posts 30 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009 - Sep 1, 2008 at 03:31 AM
 jane - Aug 21, 2009 at 06:56 PM
Hello,

i encounted yesterday a very strange problem with my computer. i cannot put my computer on stand by mode it appears as if disabled

anyone can help me please?
Related:

4 responses

I have a friend that always puts his computer in standby instead of turning off his computer all the time and doesn't like leaving it up. When he went to put it in standby yesterday the button wasn't lite up, it was as if it had be disabled and he was wondering what would made it do that. He is running XP and hasn't done any updates recently. Can you help me in being able to get his stand by button back working for him. Thanks
logonserver Posts 5 Registration date Sunday August 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 12
Sep 1, 2008 at 07:17 AM
just check if your graphics driver is properly installed and if it isnt then this is the major cause of this problem
hi there can you tell me how to put standby mode on my pc thanks mike
there's a hotfix from microsoft. go to the download center. the problem seems to occur in pc's with one or more gig of ram